Chapter Thirty Eight

Not knowing what to do, Jay went to Mouse, the person that dragged him out of the deepest, darkest hole he had slipped down into and someone he had done the same thing for. He wasn't going to talk to him about anything specifically related to Harper, he didn't want to embarrass her but he needed to talk to his friend. "Hey" Jay said, walking into the tech room. "Hey" Mouse said, looking up from his computer.

"What's up?" Mouse asked him. "Uhh nothing" Jay said while Mouse gave him a look. Jay was happy that Mouse had regained his confidence after seeing him so fidgety when he was first brought in. "Come on, obviously something's wrong, spit it out, don't waste my time" Mouse joked. When he actually analyzed Jay, his expression softened, "It's about Harper isn't it?" "Yes, yes it is, she hasn't come home all week but Voight said to stand down and that he had it under control" Jay explained.

"Do you want me to track her phone?" Mouse asked, he cared about Harper, they talked almost everyday. "Last time I checked, it was turned off" Jay said, defeated but Mouse was already trying to track her phone again. "Well it's on now and the CPD issued GPS on it says it is at a house owned by Savannah Johnson" Mouse explained.

"It also looks like Voight's phone is there too, that's surprising, he never has his phone on" Mouse said, furrowing his eyebrows. Jay nodded, thanking Mouse and going to the bullpen. He knew Harper wasn't at work but his heart still sank when he saw her empty desk across from his. Voight came back into the bullpen looking pissed off with a badge and gun in his hand. Jay recognized the numbers on the badge, it was Harper's gun and badge, she had quit her job. Voight was angry, like he had given up on her.

As soon as Voight stepped in the office Jay ran in, closing the door behind him. "What do you want, Halstead?" Voight asked. "That's it, you're not gonna tell me what happened with Harper?" Jay accused him. Voight was angry that Harper gave up her badge, she was all that he had left, her career was going to be very successful and she had thrown it all away for drugs, just like she had thrown everything away for drugs when she was 17.

"She quit her job" Hank said, but in the back of his mind he knew he was going to count the next couple of weeks as furlough. Jay looked at him blankly, trying to process his words, all he wanted to do was go run and look for but he couldn't, they had a case to solve.