Chapter Thirty Five

"Sarge, what was the name of the club you found me in?" Harper asked Hank in private since she had been too high to remember when he had rescued her. "Golden Liquid," Hank said, surprising Harper, she didn't know he could remember that right off the bat. "Jason used to own a few clubs, him and Lily met at that club, there were always areas that we couldn't go to, he was almost always there with his jagoff friends" Harper explained. "I don't know why I didn't think of that before," she said.

"Notify Sargent Benson and her team, they're all here in Chicago" Hank said as Harper nodded, going to tell Benson. "We will infiltrate the club and search the perimeter, there are supposed to be tender age children and injured women, exercise extreme caution, these people have access to kevlar-piercing bullets" Sargent Benson briefed the team as they geared up. Jay wanted to say something to Harper but it was too late, she in too deep and frustrated.

After the case you can talk, Jay told himself but he knew it would only work if Harper didn't spiral out of control. As they drove to the club, the tension could be cut with a knife but neither of them said anything. When they got to the club Harper felt like she couldn't breathe. It brought her back to all of her awful childhood memories

Breathe.

You can do that, you need to stay strong for your sister

She tried to coach herself but it didn't seem to work

Don't cry, goddamnit! They'll just take you off the case.

As the team and Sargent Benson's unit walked into the club with their guns drawn, they noticed that there were no customers to vacate, thankfully. Harper and Jay got the signal to go into one of the small rooms and the rest of the team went into the different rooms in pairs. When Jay opened the door to the room, Harper's heart broke. There was a group of kids and a camera videoing them, child pornography was the first thing that came to Harper's mind.

She had helped in a case like this with SVU, their intel was right, these jagoffs were running a pedophile ring. Harper and Jay shared a look before calling in patrol to take the kids and call for ambulances, one by one, the teams had infiltrated each room, freeing all the women and children.

"God" everyone whispered collectively as they saw the amount of women and children Jason and his associates had kidnapped. Lily was nowhere in the building, while patrol secured each room, the team of detectives and officers stepped out. "We found her" Sargent Benson said shaking her head, Harper knew it was bad.