Chapter Thirty Two

It had been two months since Terry had died, seven months since Harper had sat next to Jay because Lindsay left to New York. It had been seven months of picking up Jay's broken pieces, it had been seven months of Jay healing Harper's scars from her past. 

The Intelligence Unit had been swamped high profile case after case. Erin's FBI task force had finally come back from their mission and Erin had gone back to New York to join them which was something Harper was very happy about.

As the team was doing paperwork, a holy grail, after not getting a break for the past couple of months, Hank called Harper into his office. Harper's relationship with Hank was pretty natural now since they had gone to dinner almost every weekend of the last two months.

"Harper sit down" Hank said softly. "Your sister, Lily, was reported missing an hour ago," Hank explained to her. Harper nodded, probably had something to do with drugs, "She's a school teacher, one of her colleagues said she didn't show up to work and they checked her apartment, the whole place was tossed, like there had been a fight" Hank explained as Harper's eyes widened.

Lily was a school teacher? She thought that Lily was still addicted to drugs just like Harper before Hank took her in. Harper loved her sister, her sister had saved her life by calling the cops and she thought about Lily everyday but Harper knew that if Lily turned out anything like Savannah, she would regret contacting Lily for the rest of her life.

"I thought--I thought she turned out like Savannah--I didn't---What---Are we going to try to find her?" Harper asked Hank. "If that's what you want" he said as Harper nodded. She needed to find her sister, she needed to tell her she was beyond sorry that she had left her to fend for herself on the streets.

Harper felt selfish and guilty that she had only thought about herself when thinking about searching for Lily, I mean she was a detective for fuck's sake, she literally had all the resources for finding her sister handed to her on a platter. "We have to find her Hank" Harper said as her eyes widened, what if they couldn't find her? No, no don't go there Harper told herself.

Hank nodded and walked out of his office with Harper following him. He quickly briefed the team on the case and they set up a board. Mouse tried to track her phone but nothing came up. Jay had tried to talk to her, ask her how she was feeling about the case, but she shut him down so Jay stayed quiet, he knew what it was like to just want to solve a case before dealing with your feelings but that didn't stop him from being worried about her.

Harper and Jay went and talked to her neighbor who reported seeing a white male with light brown hair and blue eyes, she said he had an arrow tattoo on his neck. As Harper thought about the neighbor's description in the car, she realized who it was. "Jason" she said out loud. 

Jay looked at her confused "The guy Lily's neighbor was talking about, his name is Jason Diggs, I remember him" she said as she called Mouse to gather more information on him and tell the team. "You knew him?" Jay asked, this case was going a lot deeper. 

"Yeah, he was one of Lily's boyfriends, she met him at the club with Savannah, he was way too old for her, she was 14 and he was 19" Harper said, her past was embarrassing, she had so much baggage, but she knew the Unit would have to know about it in order to solve the case. 

"He was involved in drugs, I don't think she would have been dating him if she was a teacher" Harper explained, confused, while Jay nodded. Harper felt horrible and selfish, her sister saved her life, the least she could do was protect Lily from her past instead of worrying about herself.

"Harper I..." Jay was trying to tell her it wasn't her fault "Jay, we need to find her if we don't...I don't" Harper said but she was interrupted by a phone call from Mouse while Jay rested his hand on her knee, squeezing it gently, making Harper's heart rate speed up, every time they touched it was like sparks flying, like a firework going off in Harper's mind.

"Mouse said Jason just got out of a five year stint at Statesville" Harper explained as Jay nodded, driving into the parking lot of the district. "So, it would make sense for him to come back for Lily," Jay said as they walked to the district as the team told them what they knew.

"He's still on parole right? What's his address?" Harper asked quickly as Mouse searched it up. Once he had found it Harper wanted to go and grab him up but Hank stopped her, "He'll recognize you, right now, find out if she was involved with him in any way after he got out of prison" Hank said, afraid that Harper would unleash all of her anger on Jason in public. Jay squeezed her shoulder reassuringly before going to the tech room to look into a new lead.