Chapter Seven

Warning(s): Sexually suggestive language

Jay had gone undercover and Harper had heard his whole speech about fighting, smoking and screwing, she didn't want to believe it but she knew in the back of her mind that it was true, she knew there was something going on with him and Camilla. Fortunately, Voight had caught on to his relationship with Camilla and told him to back off before he ruined his whole career. And then she heard about Korengal Valley, she was glad that he was sharing some stuff about his past but she realized Jay needed therapy. He needed it badly so she spoke to Voight about it and he agreed. Jay was going to start therapy as soon as he was pulled out from being undercover.

A week passed by and Jay had finally managed to get the location of the kid so the team had met Jay at the warehouse. Almost immediately, shots were being fired, they took out the gunmen and the kid was alright but Luis had been hit. Once Harper had made sure all the gunmen were taken out and Kim had called an ambulance, she carefully walked up to Jay as he did CPR on Luis. Both of them knew he was gone, but Jay continued his ministrations.

"Jay, he's gone, it's over" Harper said. But he thought he was back there fighting for his life and he pointed his gun at her. "Jay" she said a little louder and he realized it was her and put down his gun crying. She quickly helped him up before anyone could see and drove him back to the district for a debriefing without a word. He still hadn't said sorry to her for yelling but she didn't care, she would gladly have everyone in the world yell at her if it meant he was okay.

That night, Harper didn't go to Molly's, she went to some dark, dingy bar and ordered drink after drink. She knew it was irresponsible but to her it was what she needed. She was sad that Jay hadn't come to her the whole week when he was battling the demons from his past. Instead, he had gone to the bar he had met Luis in where Camilla had served him drink after drink.

 He had actually spent one whole day drinking his sorrows away with Camilla and doing god knows what with her. Her heart broke, yet again, he had gone to some other woman instead of her. He almost threw away his whole career screwing Camilla. All of the rough cases and her thoughts about Jay had come crashing down on her and she just broke. She didn't even care about how she would get home after having that much to drink.

If only Severide was here too, so I could drown my thoughts out for the whole night she thought. That was what they did, usually after a bad event they would meet each other and drink and screw. They didn't have romantic feelings for each other, they were just friends with benefits. They had screwed after Jay had gotten together with Erin. They had fucked the whole night after Anna had died and Erin had moved in with Jay and they had definitely fucked after Harper had found out about Jay wanting to marry Erin.

Jay had tracked Harper's phone confused that she wasn't at her apartment and as soon as he saw her, his heart broke, Harper was sitting alone in a bar drinking recklessly. This was his fault. He had known how she had always turned to drinking after things got hard, just like him and yet he had still pushed her away and ignored the look in her eyes after every rough case because he was too busy feeling sorry about himself because of Erin. Erin. His heart sank at the thought of her leaving him. But, he had hurt one of the people he had cared most about, Harper was his partner, his best friend, who was putting so much energy into being there for him, it was hurting her, he knew he needed to change, it had been a month, hell almost two months since Erin had left, he needed to get over himself. So he walked over to Harper and sat down.

 So he walked over to Harper and sat down