Chapter 47

"Tao, what did you tell the kids?" Reina asked, curiously as the propellers of the helicopter stopped spinning.

"I told them that you are not feeling well and that you needed to come to your country because of the needed therapy. And since they thought Boss is your fiance or something, I told them he was needed to support you."

Frankenstein sighs and shakes his head in disappointment.

"That would only make them worry more, Tao."

"But Miss Reina is here to tell them that she is now fine!" Tao said while clapping to himself.

"Master and Reina have to rest before attending their classes."

"A-ahh I see..." Tao smiles sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.

Reina looks at Raizel who steps out of the vehicle after them. He looks frail and tired. It is very unfortunate that she cannot do anything about it. For now, they have to avoid any problem or fight. The two of them are not in good condition to be strung to whatever trouble.

It is a good thing that Raskreia told the four Clan Leaders to accompany them for the time being. Reina smiles at Seira, Karias, Rael, and Regis who bows their head in return.

"What's for dinner Frankenstein?" She asked the man beside her. The man had finally given up on convincing her to be carried.

"Ramen." Raizel answered before Frankenstein can even open his mouth.

"Of course, master." his servant said instead.

After a few days of rest, Reina is finally able to stay conscious without coughing blood or getting a nosebleed. Raizel, on the other hand, is still frail. It is understandable that even after a long time of rest, his power will not regenerate on its own. He will not recover on his own and they are all aware of this. Reina slowly opens the sliding glass door of the balcony and stand behind the chair where Raizel is sitting.

Her hands softly touch the back of the chair while her eyes look at Raizel's shoulders that are moving while he breathes. The school is open and only the two of them along with Seira and Regis are in the house since Karias and Rael joined the security team of the school.

"Hey..." Reina calls out softly in his ears. Raizel nods at her, confirming that he knows she's here.

She frowns at the realization of what is wrong with Raizel. At the ground, in between his feet, a patch of blood continues to spread.

"Raizel..." His breathing is also shallow that causes his shoulders to look like they are shaking.

"No... Reina..."

"Just to elevate the pain, it'll be too little. I swear." Raizel shakes his head no while wiping the blood off of his nose.

"When you're well, we can finally see the kids..." She smiles, trying to convince him.

Raizel sighs in defeat before curtly nodding. Her smile grew while her hands travel from his shaking shoulders to his temple. Gradually, Raizel's breathing became even, his face turns from distress to relief.

"See, that's not too much." She smiles at him before sitting on a chair beside his.

"I think Frankenstein will definitely let us go to school now." She closes her eyes before leaning back on her seat.

Raizel looks at her before looking at the skies. He had successfully wander around Lukedonia while maintaining an illusion of a healthy being but the power he has left is not enough to maintain the illusion for a long time. If anything happens, it will probably be the end of him. And he does not have any regrets, he had lived a long life and witness how it is to live a normal life. Even for a short period of time, he got to experience the life of a normal human and that is enough.