Chapter 20

Raizel and Reina settle down on the sofa while Regis prepares their tea and M-21 checks on his friend. Regis is serving their teas when Reina coughs out blood. The Pure Noble of Landegre Family immediately pulls out a clean handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to her.

"I think you should rest, Reina." She glances at Raizel who is looking at her worriedly. She looks at Regis thankfully and wipes the blood off of her chin.

Reina pulls the covers up and closes her eyes trying to focus on recovering. She had to recover as fast as she can if she wants to be useful for Raizel and Frankenstein. What can she possibly do if she's too weak to do anything?

Raizel exhales quietly, the toll of stopping the explosion is finally catching up to him. He wishes that there will be nothing like that in the future since Reina will surely think of herself as a failure.

"Are you okay?" Regis asked him bringing him back to reality.

Raizel nods and looks at his worried face.

"She will be fine." Regis looks at him with pure surprise.

"O-Okay"

The door opens with a loud bang and M-21 enters the room with a worried face.

"M-24... he disappeared."

"You have to relax, Reina can feel strong emotions. She will wake up if she senses that we're in distressed." M-21 and Regis nod at Raizel, but all of the dread of what will happen next, whatever it may be.

~~~

Frankenstein is ready to murder anyone when he took in the state of his lab.

"Th...This is..." He clenched his jaw and tries to calm himself to think clearly. Everything is broken, even the floor and the wall...

"M-24 was gone when we got back, and the lab was a mess like this." M-21 explains.

"This is serious." Frankenstein looks at the barely breathing humans laid on the broken tables.

"This is serious. There is another lab down the basement, but I can't use it now. It will take time because I haven't used it for a while. Besides, it takes more than a day to set up the machines fit for Takeo and Tao." Frankenstein considers their choices and right now he cannot come up with anything to save the two.

"We can take emergency measures, and use that lab." M-21 suggests to Frankenstein.

"We don't have the time. Takeo and Tao... their conditions are too critical."

"They are that bad?" Regis asked, worried at how the two are barely breathing.

"Yes. If they are not treated right away... there's a big chance that they will die."

"We could borrow the KSA's lab..." M-21 suggests, he cannot just let his new friends die in front of him like this.

"They do not have sufficient equipment for people like Takio and Tao nor do they have the equipment to save them." Frankenstein shakes his head, he already had an inspection to their pieces of equipment and even if they are in charge of national security... they still lack high-tech equipment.

"So you're saying they will die like this?" Regis clenched his fists.

"Frankenstein, there's really no other way? You're professional at this, please do something." M-21 begs in desperation but Frankenstein remains silent.

"Is there nothing we can do but to watch them die?" Regis asked.

"There is." answers Raizel who walked into the ruined lab.