Chapter 2

After Gejutel's departure, a pure noble from the Kertia Family, Rael Kertia, had appeared and caused trouble at the school. Raizel then told Frankenstein to hold the noble accountable to his actions, their meeting resulted in a fight that the servant had to take out his deranged weapon.

"It seems you had fun." Raizel said as he felt Frankenstein entered the living room. The man flinch and tried hard not to scratch the back of his neck as he walks closer to Raizel.

"I could feel your power from here." His master said with a sigh, it was like scolding a child.

"Well..." Frankenstein trailed off as his mind rack his brain for some credible reasons.

"He was stronger than I expected, and... -- Of course, I tried to talk to him and tried to make things right..." sweat started to form around his face as he cannot come up with anything. In reality, he needed the fight to get things off his chest and mind. It was a fight that made him forget the things that have been crawling in his head and made him remember a lot of things including his friend, Rayga.

"I told you to be polite." Raizel cut off his train of thoughts.

"I was well-mannered. He started the attack during our conversation so I had no choice... oh!" He tried to reason until he remembers Seira.

"Seira will prove my innocence." Frankenstein said with a proud smile on his face.

"She's not here to prove that..." His smile fade just how fast it formed as he realized this.

"Frankenstein, do you really need to use it?"

"He had a soul weapon even if he isn't the Clan Leader."

"Is there any way to control that?" Raizel asked as he looks at his servant's hand. Frankenstein unknowingly clenches his fist. He couldn't answer his master immediately.

"Because of this, you will have those nightmares again." An emotion that is close to sadness can be seen on Raizel's face as he condemns himself partially at fault because of this. Frankenstein is more than grateful to what his master is showing him, however, it only brought bittersweet memories of the past that he could have had until now. If only he looked for her...

Memories of her flooded his mind...

Screams, sobs and ugly cries drowned Frankenstein's senses as the souls tried to devour him whole. This had happened before but no one can ever get used to this. Sweat trickle down at the side of his face and his back. He can never get used to the haunting feeling of them crawling to the surface just to get him to join them in the depths of never-ending despair. He tried to steady his breath but he cannot even steady his trembling hands as he clenches the sheets. His whole body is trembling that the idea of sleep scares him. He throws the sheets off of him then stand up to take a bath to relax.

The bath did nothing to calm his nerves. He decided to see if his master needs anything, he'll do anything just to prevent himself from sleeping.

"Frankenstein?" a soft voice that can never belong to his master regards him. The woman stands in front of the window where his master usually stands to look outside. Her small frame elegantly turns to him as the breeze from outside gently blows her raven black hair. The moonlight cast around her making her look like a goddess with her pale skin and deep red eyes. His breath was caught in his throat, in his long life he had never seen any creature like her. She never fails to capture his attention, his heart, his everything.

"What brings you here, Princess?" Frankenstein asked with scrunched eyebrows as he looks around for his master, trying to fix his composure that melted under her beautiful stare. The uneasiness came back to him after remembering the reason why he is out of his chamber.