Chapter 31

"Do you even know where we're going?" Reina narrows her eyes to Raizel who is running ahead of her. He nods his head slightly but that really did nothing ease her nerves.

"For Lazark to be caught at a very fast rate... I don't think it's a trap." Raizel agrees.

"This energy... "

"Hmm... it's a werewolf." Reina furrowed her brows, why would a werewolf be on Kravei's territory. Are they all working together?

She remembers her first sleep... those werewolves that came to watch her die... It was still a wonder how those wolves managed to enter the territory without alarming the shield of Lukedonia. It was probably Lagus... so Reina made sure that it will never happen again... even if that meant continuous use of her life force. It is definitely luck that her mother managed to fully awaken her, it made the pain bearable. Frankenstein still doesn't know about this, in fact, no one knew about this. Reina strictly kept this information to herself. She thought of using the same method around the school and the house but due to Frankenstein's constant hovering, she doesn't have the chance to do so.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" A maniacal laugh interrupted her thoughts... this is...

"Frankenstein..." Reina connected her mind with Raizel, and since they are of the same power, she did it with ease.

"M... master..." Frankenstein replied, probably embarrassed, making Reina laugh out loud.

"Why did you connect to our consciousness and start laughing?" Reina flinches, waiting for Frankenstein to ask Raizel something. But maybe because of embarrassment, Frankenstein failed to notice Raizel's use of the word 'our'. Up until now, Frankenstein doesn't know the bond he has with Reina and since it is a bond created unconsciously, the two had a hard time noticing it. If not for Raizel, she wouldn't know of it.

"S-sorry, I got a bit too excited..." Frankenstein quietly said.

After a short while and a few wrong turns, Raizel and Reina reach the said facility. With tightly clenched fists, Reina stares at the three kids with fury in her hearts. Whoever did this to them will definitely die today. Rael, Seira, and Regis are all shackled in what looked like a wall. They are unconscious, bloodied, and beaten, tortured. Their clothes are ruined.

"Hmm? Who are you guys?" A voice asks from behind her. All Reina saw is red after looking at the owner of the voice. She is ready to finish Ignes but stopped when Raizel's hand softly land on her shoulders.

"The kids..." he curtly said and it is enough for Reina to let go of her rage.

"Hey, shouldn't you answer when someone asks you a question? You're really not talking, you came to rescue these guys, right? Did you come here with Lazark?" She asked in an annoyingly friendly tone.

Reina turns to free the kids from the wall and immediately heals them. She cannot wait to kill Ignes but she has to heal them first. The kids always come first. She didn't wake them up, instead, she let them rest.

Ignes' attention was captured by Reina who is healing the three.

"No... you're dead... you cannot possibly be... I saw you die." She said while stuttering.

"Did you do this?" Raizel asked while still looking at the unconscious kids who are slowly being healed. With the number of their wounds and since they are not human, Reina is finding it hard to completely heal them even if she is already awakened.

"And you... you're supposed to be dead. How are the two of you..." she staggers back, still cannot believe that the two of them are in front of her.

"This-this is impossible... " Raizel turns to face Ignes.

"I will ask you again. Did you do this?" Raizel repeated, blood started to appear around them and his aura becomes stronger each passing second.