Chapter 70

Reina and Frankenstein enter the room, fighting about Reina's use of excessive power. But then they fell silent and enters what looked like a staring contest until Frankenstein broke the silence by sighing before leaving the room. Reina grins at Tao and Raizel, not saying anything. 

"The footage from the incident has gone viral, and the whole world is tumbling in chaos. At first, the majority of the internet population proclaimed that the footage was fake. But now every national news is featuring this incident, so ow there is a global uproar. I'm not sure why Crombel's men are causing trouble like this, but it's no longer a secret to ordinary humans that there is a population of humans different from them. So now humans all over the world are inclined to investigate this thoroughly and make amendments accordingly." Tao reported to her, knowing that the information would likely reach Frankenstein too. A video of Crombel's minions wrecking havoc in the major cities was being played in a screen too.

"Hmm..." Reina's grin was quickly replaced by a frown.

"What's the Union's reaction on this?" She asked.

"They've done nothing, as expected. They would've flaunted absolute control and blocked every possible means of leakage to the outside world if this happened before the cataclysm. But now, there was no single sign of such activity. But then again, they wouldn't have caused such disasters if they planned on hiding them. So it's no wonder they're doing nothing right now." Tao answered before Frankenstein enters the room with two large cushioned seats in tow.

"Master." He gave Raizel one, then sit on the other before pulling Reina on him. Frankenstein has been telling her to rest since she used too much power on the trap but she insisted on staying. They came to a simple agreement of she'll rest with him as he relays information to her, without a filter.

"Scores of humans have died again..." Raizel sighs as he sits on the cushioned seat.

"We really need to stop them as soon as possible." Reina clenches her fist as Frankenstein glares at her.

'Rest, Reina.'

'I'm not that tired.' But she really likes Frankenstein's warmth against her, making her relax against him even under such circumstances.

"They picked on major cities all over the world to wreck, and this time they lingered longer. There's no doubt the scale of sacrifices is beyond comparison to sacrifices made recently at this place... The number of casualties is too great. Even the countries that suffered damages are still estimating their losses." 

"How about Crombel's location? Is there any additional intel?" Frankenstein asked.

"Of the ten places I told you before, I checked that six of them are definitely empty. But... Now we have 15 more candidates. And I'm picking up more as we speak." Tao answered.

"He's playing with us... He knew from the beginning that we'll be looking for him and even set up a trap... forbidding us to visit any hideout." 

Raizel looks at Reina who is nestled against Frankenstein.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The trap wasn't dangerous for us... but they were meant to kill thousands of people." Raizel nods at him, it's an obvious answer that Reina had no choice but to use her power to save those in need.

~~~

Rael looks below him, watching the citizens walk around, their eyes on their while others watch the news on giant screens attached to the buildings.

"Is it true that these people who destroyed major cities around the world with unbelievable strength and powers are species different from us, homo sapiens?" A woman asked.