Chapter 10

Frankenstein pours his master a cup of tea, but when he gave it to him the cup fell out of Raizel's hands unexpectedly. His hand continues to tremble, Frankenstein and Reina saw it.

"Master, are you okay?"

"Raizel..." Reina's face is full of worry as she stands up to sit beside him.

"...I apologize" Raizel quietly said.

"No, not at all. Stay still, I'll take care of it." Frankenstein cleans the floor.

"I know you used your strength before and recently released your seal in Leukedonia... but in the past, the aftereffects have never been this extreme. So it must have something to do with why you went to sleep in the first place." Frankenstein gritted his teeth, thinking of the possibilities.

After cleaning the cup, Frankenstein stands up and looks at Raizel.

"Master, what was the reason you had to enter ephemeral sleep so suddenly, 820 years ago?"

Reina bit her lower lip as Raizel remained silent. She knows Raizel will not approve of the plan she has in mind, but she has no choice. He is too weak for her liking.

The technique would need physical contact for fast and efficient energy transfer but projecting it to him would be enough for now. Since it uses her life force, her mother told her that she can also extend his life... permanently. It is like passing her life force to him. So once she is fully recovered, she plans on giving him all energy that he needs in order for him to live his life. She stares at him and starts to transfer her energy to him. The two immediately look at her in surprise but she is already lost in concentration.

"Reina!" both of them yell out. Raizel tries to get away from her as fast as possible while Frankenstein tries to stop her from transferring too much energy. The two stops moving as Reina put both of them under her control. Blood started to gush out of her mouth as she continues to transfer her energy to Raizel.

"Please, Reina... Stop this." Frankenstein and Raizel were able to break out of her control because of her weakening state. Raizel stands up and immediately notice the difference in his body. He can feel it, she transferred too much energy.

"I'm sorry, Raizel." Reina hangs her head in shame but regrets nothing.

"I have caused the two of you too much anxiety." Sadness filled Raizel's eyes as he looks at both of them. Frankenstein wipes the blood out of her chin with a clean handkerchief then kisses her forehead.

Since Raizel does not know the technique she used, he is unable to give her energy back.

"Raizel, don't use it, please." Reina begs standing up and taking his hands into hers. Frankenstein gestures them to take their seat.

"Of course. Stop worrying for me, Reina." Raizel nodded.

The three of them settled down on the sofa.

"Raizel, what really happened back then? Why did you have to enter ephemeral sleep?" Reina asked.

"A situation arose in which I had no choice but to use my strength."

"Master, you mean... "

"For your state to be like this... " Reina's thoughts flew to what happened to her, to the reason of her ephemeral sleep. Then she remembered what those traitors said to her, that he is dead... along with his friend.

"It's him." Realization dawns her face. Raizel looks at the princess, only he knows about this, then how could she?

"Reina--How?" Reina looks away from Raizel, not wanting to remember her stupidity, the reason why she spent her time in a casket. Frankenstein looks at the both of them... lost.