Chapter 46

Author's Note:

An early update! The book reached 10k reads!!! I just have to update, in my mind, I MUST UPDATE because of this.

Really guys, thank you all so much!

~~~

Reina gently wipes the blood on her mouth after coughing again. She smiled at Frankenstein who is looking at her worriedly.

"Miss Reina... I cannot thank you enough for what you did..." Rael looks at her with sincerity in his eyes.

"It takes everything in me not to go and punish the invaders who defiled Lukedonia but how can I leave the person who saved everyone..."

Rael frowns, not understanding what Reina meant.

"Your brother is the reason why Raskreia and the Clan Leaders are alive. He fought all of the invaders by himself... the battle took quite a bit of time and that is why I along with Raizel and Frankenstein were able to help Raskreia and the Clan Leaders from the enemies. If we are even a minute late, there is no guarantee that everyone will be alive-- Frankenstein, stop glaring at me." Reina sighs in defeat before massaging her temples.

"You could have told us before disappearing like that. We could go here together." Frankenstein angrily murmurs.

"If I could turn back time, that is exactly what I would do." She said in all seriousness.

"You did not saw his state, Frankenstein. If I am even a bit late... he would... Lazark would be..." 

"Okay, okay." Frankenstein nods before hugging her trembling self to comfort her.

She is back in her room while Lazark was transferred to his own room. Lazark was still unconscious until now but his injuries and condition are starting to get better. It definitely helps that the healers of the Kertia Family are focused on him too.

"What will happen to you now, Miss Reina?" Tao asked while still chewing the cookies Seira baked for all of them. There are also chairs and tables that were set up by the nobles in the castle since they insisted on staying in Reina's room.

"Her soul will never be complete anymore... her regeneration will also become slower almost the same as mine. She needs to be more careful when using her powers from now on." Raizel explained when Reina tilts her head, not knowing what to tell the human.

"And after finishing the two traitors... it's a miracle that she's conscious right now." Raskreia's eyes stare at Reina's trembling hands. The Noblesse immediately clasp them together before laughing loudly.

"You guys are very serious! I'm fine now! I just need some rest and we can go back home." She chuckles but her own coughing cut her off, droplets of blood stained the covers. Instantly, Frankenstein's hand is on her back, trying to soothe whatever pain she is in while his other hand is holding tissue for her.

"Ahh-- I just choke on my saliva." She sheepishly said while still smiling. 

"Reina, you need to rest."

She wipes the side of her mouth before accepting the water that Seira offers to her.

"Raizel, you need to rest too. I did not forget your state when I arrived." She said after drinking.

Raizel looks away from her. It is true that he is indeed in bad condition but he was so worried for her that he could not properly rest.

"Lord, everyone is ready." Rosaria announced after knocking softly on the opened doors.

"I'll take my leave." Raskreia sighs before standing up to leave the room.

"I'll go with you." Reina removes the covers off of her then tries to stand up but was stopped by Frankenstein.