Chapter 41

Reina lies awake on their bed, too what-ifs bombarding her mind, preventing her from falling asleep. 

"Are you still thinking about Master and Muzaka?" Frankenstein hugs her while burying his face on her warm neck.

Days have passed after knowing the reason for their sleep and until now, Reina cannot help but think of how much hurt Muzaka must have felt. And to make it worse, it was his only friend who stopped him from getting his revenge. She may not know the feeling of having a child but whenever the people that they took under their wings are hurt, she feels rage. She couldn't fathom how painful it must've been for Muzaka.

"Hey..."

"What the..." Reina frowns while wiping the wet side of her neck due to Frankenstein's licking.

"I asked you a question but you were zoning out." Frankenstein shrugs innocently.

"Sorry about that... were you jealous?" She asked while smirking, trying to lighten up her mood.

Frankenstein narrows his eyes at her.

"Why would I be jealous?"

"Because I'm thinking of other men when I am here with you?" Frankenstein smiles at her and hugs her tighter, his hands wandering inside her clothes.

"That's the point. It is I, who is with you. And I am sure you were not thinking of him in any way that will offend me... I think you were thinking of his feelings..." Reina raises her brows...'How did he know?'

"You looked so sad, so there is no way for you to..." Reina sighs before hugging him back, snuggling in his warmth.

"Raizel and Muzaka both had gone through a lot and until now they are still... it's just-- when will all of this end? When will we have the peaceful life that we have been yearning for?"

Both of them know the fact that almost everyone knows where they are but that is not what they are fearing. Even Crombell knows where they are and who are the people they care for, they are very exposed and Reina does not like it. She feels like in any minute or moment everything will crumble and the simple life that everyone wants to live would be too far away to reach, too hard to have.

"We will have it, we will reach it. No matter what it takes." Frankenstein whispers in her ears before kissing the corner of her lips. It seems like Reina accidentally projected her thoughts at him.

"We're bonded, too. Master told me about it." Reina pouts at his confession.

"Ha! That was why you were so confident that I was not thinking about Muzaka! Hmmph! I was hoping I can scare you with it in the future."

"You in my head and me in your head... That is far from being scary, Reina."

What would haunt him is if he cannot feel her anymore...

~~~

"Reina, do you want ramen, too?" Asked Shinwu who is currently standing in front of the counter. They are all inside the cafeteria of the school, having their break.

Raizel looks at her, he may not express it with his face but his eyes are telling her to say yes. Everyone got tired of always eating ramen so they ordered other things on the menu and Raizel felt like he was left alone.

"Of course." She smiles making Raizel nod in satisfaction. Shinwu shrug before repeating their orders.

"Did something happened?"