Chapter 59

Reina bit her lower lip lightly due to the uneasiness that is slowly creeping through her system. The fight is not in Muzaka's favor, after transforming again, Maduke's power grew exponentially stronger. If this continues, they would have to step in. Maduke clearly said that he was planning to conquer the whole world after finishing all of them here. But her main problem is her present condition, this is her job and she would rather die trying to accomplish it than to let Maduke take over the world slave on humans.

'Reina, you can't.' She was brought back to reality as she felt Frankenstein's hand covers her.

'Frankenstein, when you met me... you already know that this is my responsibility.' He fell silent. Of course, he knew that this is her fate yet he chose to stay with her. She owns his heart, his mind, his everything. 

'If you're going to do this, you're going to do this with me.' And just because of that Reina just got more determined to finish this here. They still have a dream to fulfill... the normal life they've been yearning for.

"Is this already over?" Maduke asked the wounded and panting former werewolf lord.

"Of course not." Muzaka growls out angrily before releasing waves of his power towards him.

"Hmph." Maduke snickers as he easily blocks the attack with just his palm. Muzaka immediately follows his attack but Maduke was fast to block him.

"Hmm..." Maduke smirks as he felt the blood drip because of a small scratch on his eyebrow. Muzaka wasn't able to block the incoming attack from Maduke because of his speed. He followed the attack with continuous punches that almost knocks Muzaka out. But before he can be knocked out, Muzaka was able to escape his grasp.

Frankenstein's grip on Reina's hand gently tightened as he stared at Muzaka's state.

"Are you all starting to understand what kind of power I have obtained? Muzaka, you're no match for me." Maduke stated as he looks down at Muzaka with a smug wolfish grin on his face.

"I can't believe our Lord is so powerful... Look at him... that's our Lord..." One of the werewolf warriors declared while looking at Maduke with shining eyes and a smile full of hope.

"Excellent. Now we'll be able to wipe out every last one of them." Another shouted as she clenches her fist with so much enthusiasm.

"Muzaka, seeing you like this reminds me of the old days. At the time, I could never imagine that you would look so hideous... When you started showing your power, nobody hesitated to say that you would become the Lord." Maduke shakes his head.

"Even the Lord at the time said that he was prepared to leave his position as Lord to you someday. But you didn't want that Lord's position. That honorable position. That honorable position that symbolizes the greatest power of our species. As if it annoyed you... as if you could have something like that anytime you like..." He clenches his fist as he tries to visualize his anger. 

"You made that position that we all wanted and dream and trivial. Since then, I have tried to obtain power that surpasses yours... at all cost."

And that is why he did that to his own people? For his own selfish desire? To use those lives just to satisfy his deflated pride and his insecurities... Reina's breathing started to get deeper and deeper as her anger slowly turns into rage.

"And in the end, I obtained this power... The power to annihilate all of you."

Muzaka wipes the blood out of the corner of his mouth.

"That's right. As you say, you've definitely gotten stronger." He smirks before continuing.

"You must be so proud of yourself. Since you, the so-called 'Lord' of our people, sacrificed his own people to obtain that power."