Chapter 44

Before Reina can place the bowl on the table, she winces in pain. The hot bowl of ramen fell on her lap, burning her. But the sting on the burn is nothing compared to the dread that dawns in her heart.

"No..." Everything stopped and Raizel stands up while worriedly looking at her. Reina jumps from the window of the cafeteria and immediately spreads her wings as she travels full speed.

There is no mistaking it... this feeling...

She bit her lips while clenching both of her hands at her side. There are things that came in Lukedonia and they are powerful, too powerful.

As the current Noblesse, it is her duty to protect everyone, and that includes the nobles...

Every hour, minute, and second of her traveling, added to her already nervous state. Even if Raskreia has the two Ragnarok and the amount of Clan Leaders in Lukedonia... there is no saying whether they can defeat these enemies.

'No! Have faith! Trust them.' Reina thought to herself, trying to console herself.

"That's--!" She narrows her eyes as what looks like fireworks light up the skies of the islands around Lukedonia.

"No way... am I late?" She saw the familiar red particles that are floating in the air.

Horror dawns on her whole body because of the sight that greeted her. Lazark stands with a severed arm and a huge hole in his chest, dying...

"No!" She immediately rushes towards the Clan Leader.

"Princess..." Lazark mouthed, obviously relieved that the Noblesse is now here.

"You... have to... save--" Reina cut whatever he is saying with a hug. Her life force flares off of her in giant waves to him. She needs to save him from dying first. 

"It's impossible, Princess... I already gave my Soul Weapon to Rael." Lazark coughs out blood while Reina only shakes her head.

"No! No! Your brother still needs you! Lukedonia still needs you!" Reina tightens her hold on him.

"Why...?" She frowns upon realizing that Lazark's wounds are slowly healing, however, he is still dying since his aura kept on flowing out of him.

"My soul... Soul Weapon... It's impossible, Princess Reina." Lazark gently wipes the tears dripping on her cheeks with his hand.

"There's got to be a way... There must be a way... a way to save you..." She sobs while clutching her chest, her tears became blood, while the wind gently howls around them.

~~~~~

Reina glares at Lagus who is cockily smirking at her.

"Ah, there she is."

Gradeus took the opportunity to charge towards Frankenstein, now that Reina is here, he needs to finish his fight with Frankenstein.

He swung his battle axe with so much force that it took everything in him to balance himself. Due to Frankenstein's distracted self, he was not able to defend himself against the attack.

"How are you--!" Gradeus choke as Reina's hands stabbed through his chest from behind him.

"I believe this is mine..." She said, clutching the stone before ripping it out of his body. Gradeus tries to breathe but his life started to flow out of him. Reina wipes the blood out of her cheeks and looks down at the gasping traitor. 

"It's amazing how you're still alive... what's next?" She tilts her head while smirking.

'Now!' Lagus thought as he sends his vines towards the Noblesse who swats them off like a fly.