Chapter 42

The door of the throne room banged open as a central knight breathlessly ran in.

"Something terrible has happened!" He shouted while still running towards where the Lord is sitting.

"What do you think you're doing in front of the Lord?"

"I'm sorry... But this is too urgent... Traitors Clan Leaders have appeared in Lukedonia!" He reported between his huffs of air.

"What?!" Rosaria's eyes widened upon hearing the news.

"What do you mean the Clan Leaders that betrayed us have appeared?"

"Sir Ludis is fighting Gradeus right now!" The knight continued.

"Gradeus? You're saying Gradeus came into Lukedonia? But, there were no warnings of intruders from the barrier." Rosaria frown at the knight.

"I don't really know the reason for that either, but Gradeus has already killed many of central knights. Ludis is fighting Gradeus right now, and told me to report this to you."

"How dare him..." Raskreia grips her chair tightly.

"Lord, I think I will have to go. Gradeus is someone who has fought many battles and has much experience. I don't know if Ludis can stop him alone." Rosaria steps forward.

"I will gather more knights and help him!" The knight suggested.

"The central knights will stay out of this no matter what." The two people in the throne room look at her in surprise.

"Pardon?"

"There is no need for them to jump in. The Clan Leaders will take care of the intruders." Her whole demeanor darkens.

"Lord, we are knights that protect Lukedonia! We may not be very strong, but we are not afraid to die for Lukedonia!" The knight insists.

"Enough." He automatically closes his mouth.

"I know that the central knights have devoted so much to Lukedonia. But, the enemies are former Clan Leaders which even current Clan Leaders will have a hard time fighting. I don't want to lose the central knights in vain."

"Then we should send a message to the Noblesse right away!"

"Reina has her own life, I will not shackle her down with a responsibility that is forced in her hands. This is our fight." Raskreia stands up and steps down from her throne.

"L-Lord..." 

"Rosaria, you will go and help Ludis. And I'm sure Gradeus didn't break into Lukedonia by himself. The central knights will not use their power to help, but you shall go around and tell the other Clan Leaders, and also make sure the other nobles are safe."

Both Rosaria and the knight bow their heads.

"Your wish is my command, Lord."

~~~

Frankenstein and Raizel stop at a ruined place near the island of Lukedonia.

"This place..." Frankenstein frowns upon looking at the whole island.

"It seems as there was a big fight here recently. Seeing that this place isn't far from Lukedonia and that it hasn't been long since the fight occurred, this has to be related to what's been happening. By looking at the evidence, there were multiple people attacking one person..." Frankenstein thought out loud while inspecting the battle marks on the ground. The claw-like marks suggested that some of the participants of the said battles are werewolves, just like what Muzaka said.