Chapter 58

Reina clenches both her hands in frustration, she is too weak to interfere. And even if she is in a good condition, she cannot just interfere in this fight. This is a battle between friends, Raizel needs this to settle the matter between him and Muzaka.

The former Noblesse and the former werewolf lord charge at each other's throats with everything they have. Raizel's blood demon stretches proudly while Muzaka is in his werewolf form, still unconsciously fighting his friend. The impacts of their attacks were so powerful that Lazark and Kei had to put a barrier around them. 

"This is getting interesting..." Maduke grins while watching the fight of the two powerful beings.

Their movements are so fast that not everyone can keep up with them. Muzaka growls before charging again. Raizel tries to put up a barrier to stop the attack.

"Again?" Muzaka groans. Raizel looks at him, surprised.

"Muzaka?" This just means that his friend is on his right mind now.

"Raizel! Why are you standing in my way again?!" Muzaka shouted angrily at his friend. The former Noblesse looks at his friend with pure sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Muzaka halts his movements due to Raizel's apology.

"I'm sorry for stopping you back then. But if the same situation were to arise again... I would have no choice but to stop you." Raizel confessed.

"That's right. That's the kind of man that you are..."

"But it's different now. I'm doing this for you."

"Don't be ridiculous! How is this for me?!" Muzaka growls at him.

"I couldn't stand by and watch you kill someone that you cared about." 

"What?"

Reina releases a sigh of relief after realizing that Muzaka finally regains his consciousness.

"What are you talking about? I... what?" 

Just in time, Garda gains her consciousness too. She slowly stands up while groaning before coughing.

His fight with Garda came rushing to him...

"Garda...I tried to kill her with my own hands?" He murmurs under his breath while looking at his clawed hands incredulously.

"What have I done?" All of them remained silent at his question. Worry washes over Reina as she stares at Raizel who is still in his winged form, bleeding.

Muzaka seems to notice this too.

"Raizel, you stopped me... in that condition?"

"That's right." He nodded quietly.

"You fool, why would you use your power in that state of yours?" The former Lord looks at Reina who only shrugged her shoulders in response.

"I couldn't stand to watch you kill Garda and suffer because of it. This is... the only thing I can help you with."

"Silly fool..." Muzaka shakes his head at his friend.

"It's a shame that the fight between the two of you ended like this." Maduke interjected, turning the attention of everyone to him.

"I was hoping for a more dramatic ending..."

"Maduke, that jerk..." Muzaka glares at the werewolf.

Frankenstein slowly pulls Reina towards him, for assurance for himself. If anything happens, they will surely be fine. Raskreia, Kei, and Lazark are here. They wouldn't let anything happen to the princess, would they?