Chapter 65

"That guy is Frankenstein? He's still alive?" The man beside the First Elder, the Third Elder, asked.

Frankenstein already told Reina the story of how the humans betray him. After seeing how powerful Frankenstein is, they did everything to gain the power he discovered through his many experiments but none came close to his level. And when they realized that they can't match his intelligence, they tried to use him by getting close to him and sending spies in his laboratory. However, even after gathering so much data and information, human's greed got the better of them, they weren't satisfied with just the data, they still see Frankenstein as a threat to their goals since he wants to protect the humans from the non-humans species. But due to the humans asking the non-humans for help to fight their battle, Frankenstein deemed his help as needless. He retracted from their grasp and hide away from them. As a threat, the humans asked the non-humans, nobles, for help to end Frankenstein. In the end, it was Frankenstein who was betrayed by humanity.

"The betrayer of humans... I knew that people called me that but hearing it from your mouth, the First Elder of the Union, is quite unpleasant." Frankenstein's face got serious. It seems like even the leader of the organization doesn't know the truth of why Frankenstein isn't in that organization. 

"How are you still alive? No matter how much power you obtained, you shouldn't be able to live for this long..." The First Elder looks at Frankenstein with so much confusion on his face.

Reina nodded, of course, it's almost impossible for a human to live such a long life and yet Frankenstein managed to live for a millennium and a half. He's even older than her by a lot of years.

"I see." The First Elder nods to himself while looking at Reina.

"So after betraying us, you made a deal with the nobles and obtained their almost eternal life. You betrayed the humans and sided with the nobles?" He smirks, every word sounded as if it's an insult.

"Think whatever you like, That's what you guys have always done anyway. Manipulating everything to suit yourselves." Frankenstein is so used to the humans always twisting his words and using them against him, that's how he learned how to use their words against them too.

"Don't say such nonsense! Are you saying that we made up the fact that you betrayed us, humans?! We could have had so much more only if you hadn't betrayed us. The Union's research fell apart because you stole so much research data along with the Dark Spear from the Union. If it weren't for that, the Union's research would have progressed quickly and we would have ruled the world long ago..."

Reina bit her lower lip, trying to stop herself from intervening. But it is her fiance who is being framed in front of everyone.

"I'm done with this." Reina exclaims before standing beside Frankenstein.

"Can't you hear yourself?" She asked.

"Reina--"

"No, I'm so full of this bullshit." She shrugs off Frankenstein.

"Based on your logic, you're admitting to yourselves that if it weren't for him, the Union wouldn't have obtained the power that they have now."

"What?" The First Elder looks at Reina as if she's crazy.

"A lot of the Union's research data was based on Frankenstein's work, how would you say he stole your data when it's his in the first place?! Another thing, he didn't even have anything with him when he went into hiding! He destroyed everything he has!" Reina's eyes glow as her aura kept on growing every passing second.

Frankenstein smirks, amused at how his fiancee is fighting for him. She's even angrier than him, the very victim of the defamation.

"And the Dark Spear? After stealing his research, human leaders handed him that damned weapon because no one can tame it but when he managed to tame the weapon you wanted it again?! He's generous enough to give it back to you because of his fear that you would sacrifice tons of human lives again just to create another one. You call him the betrayer of humans? You people of the Union are the ones who are betraying the humans!"