Chapter 8

"Master... will you not go into ephemeral sleep, even for a short while?" Frankenstein asks Raizel who is looking at the buzzing humans beneath them.

"Of course, it would be better to sleep in the shrine at Lukedonia... but barring that, even a short sleep in the house... " He tries to reason... if he could do anything for his master, he would. Reina intertwines their hands giving him comfort even if she already knows Raizel's answer.

"Frankenstein... I want more time to watch these sights. And... I want to spend a little more time in the place you made for me." Raizel's eyes are sad as he eyes the busy world beneath him.

"Raizel, it is my duty to give you more than little time. I swear on my father's shrine, you will live the life that you yearn." 

"You two... are always there for me. You deserve more." Frankenstein's hand grips hers tighter.

"Just promise me, Raizel. Do not use your power, ever. That is enough for me. Let me protect you." Reina whispers making Raizel smile a little.

"As you wish." It is a good thing that Raizel favors Reina in many things...

A loud ringing was heard in the rooftop, Raizel slip his hand in his coat and pulls out his phone.

"Was that... an alarm?" 

Raizel nods and looks up.

"It's dinner time."

"When can I have a phone? There's a lot of students who were asking for my number... "

"You will not have a phone." Frankenstein shakes his head.

"Raizel!" Reina whines at Raizel who look directly at his servant.

"You will give her a phone, Frakenstein."

"Yes, master." Reina smirks smugly at the man beside him.

"Let's go." Raizel leap onto the next building.

"Raizel.../ Master..." Raizel stops when he land...

"That's the... wrong direction."

~~~

Everyone settles down on living room as Tao projected the picture of the two and reports his findings.

"On paper, these two are staff dispatched by the department of education, but they are actually agents of the KSA."

"KSA?" M-21 asks, the organization os foreign on him.

"It's a Korean government agency, which carries out special tasks. It can intervene anywhere citing national security reasons. Their main function is to oversee the management of matters, which aren't quite normal and considered special circumstances." 

"Ah... I see, those kind of guys." M-21 nods his head understanding what Tao explained, unlike Regis.

"What do you mean by special circumstances?" 

"Situations where beings like you or I are involved- not ordinary folks."

"Of course, there will be organizations like that. Or these humans will not live peacefully... always scared... " Reina mutters under her breath.

"The Union can't take care of everything by itself. And blocking and manipulating information quickly to keep the public in the dark requires national governments to intervene directly. That is why there are agencies like this. Because of them, all the information, which should be kept secret from the public, is being screened completely."

"Humans can be very systematic in the weirdest things." Regis sighs.

"It is only natural, these humans will not worry about the things that they do not know. It's easy to maintain peace that way."