Chapter 43.5

Frankenstein realized that the reason why Raskreia and the other Clan Leaders are not joining the fight is that Gradeus is a berserker who gains power from losing blood and because of the darkness of Frankenstein's power, it hinders Gradeus regeneration and berserker ability. If Raskreia and the Clan Leaders join this fight, they would only turn the table against him.

Frankenstein huffs as the Dark Spear continues its slow pace on eating him. With the shield provided by Raskreia and Rosaria, Gradeus' attacks became bearable for him but the traitor still manages to deal some damage to him.

"Frankenstein, is this all you've got?" Gradeus smirks at him, mocking him. Frankenstein glares at the traitor.

Memories of Muzaka asking him about his reason for not using his borrowed from Raizel flashed in his mind.

The power from Raizel requires his own life force since it is from a Noblesse. The dark spear is already a pressure on his body. If he uses the power from the contract, the dark spear will surely take the opportunity to consume him in an instant. But using it will definitely give him a boost.

Frankenstein gritted his teeth as his power began climbing in his head. In a split second, Gradeus is already charging towards him. He is able to put up a defense in time.

"You'd better start paying attention, you arrogant bastard." Gradeus smirks.

The impact of their actions formed a loud explosion.

Gradeus jumps back while grinning.

"I really like this." Gradeus laughs while tapping the bloodstone in his chest. He then looks at the panting human

"You're pretty funny, you know that? All that big talk about avenging Lazark, but now you'll end up like him. I will finish you off just like him."

"You mean... you killed Lazark?" Frankenstein slowly stands up from kneeling, his grip on his weapon tightening, his rage eating up all his logic reasoning.

Edian coughs out blood as the vines managed to caught both of her hands. How Lagus managed to fight her and Raizel at the same time astonishes both of them.

"No one can stop me, not even all of you!" Lagus laugh while looking down at Raizel who is also wound up.

Edian angrily tugs at her arms but its grip on her only tightened. She looks at Raizel who is struggling to stand up at the moment, one of his wings was cut off. His body littered with wounds and his face is bloodied. It physically hurts her to see him like this.

They are nothing against Reina's power along with the werewolves' and Lagus' powers. This is no time for conscience, she needs to use it to correct everything that she had done even if they were out of her consciousness.

Edian started to extract the power from the bloodstone in her but before she can even tap fully on it a vine stabs her in her chest, exactly where the bloodstone is.

"Ah ah ah" Lagus smirks while slightly wagging his wrinkled index finger at her. The vines started to suck the power out of her, her fingers started to wither along with the skin on her face.

"Lagus!" Raizel angrily shouted as he tries to charge towards them but the traitor easily swatted him. Lagus continues to extract the power from the bloodstone then decided that it is better to just extract all of her power.

Lagus throws Edian towards Raizel who caught the Clan Leader.

"Edian..."

"Sir Raizel... I'm sorry." Edian mouthed as her last strength slowly leaves her body. Raizel tightens his hold on her while trembling out of rage.

"You are all pathetic..." The traitor smirks.

Raizel stands with Edian in his arms, determined to finish this fight with all that he can, with every last bit that he has.

But before he can even lift a finger a strong force of air almost blow all of them away, even Lagus and Gradeus. The trees around them were all blown away.

"What is--?" All of their questions were answered when Reina lands on the ground, blood dripping out of her eyes like tears.

Author's Note:

AND this is the supposed ending of the previous chapter so I posted it as 43.5

Don't worry! I'll still post a chapter on Friday!

Also according to the news, the typhoon that hit us is the strongest typhoon to ever hit our country this year... thankfully, we are fine.

But let's pray for those families who suffered because of this typhoon. Hopefully, our government will be able to give them temporary shelters before the two incoming typhoons lands on the country.