Chapter 68

The city suffered a great deal of damage because of the explosions caused by Yuri. Due to the wide range of the said attack, people witnessed the true cause of the explosions, causing them to reject the KSA's reasoning. Because of this, the citizens are suspicious of the government even more so now than then.

The KSA reported how even after restoring the area as fast as possible, the rumors quickly spread. Drones from news channels kept on entering the site because of the lack of manpower for the scope of the damage. It was a dark realization that the new Union doesn't care about the damage the humans will receive and that they don't care about people finding out about the enhanced humans.

"Is this how we're going to fight from now on?" M-21 asked, his fists clenched, his body trembling. If only he can finish him right there at that moment but the damage would only be greater.

"M-21, why don't you rest a bit?" Tao looks at M-21 who is standing beside him.

"My wounds recovered long ago." He stated stubbornly.

"I know. Still, maybe you should get a checkup just in case..." Tao insists but he stands firm.

"No. I would rather be in the place that I was assigned."

"Here." M-21 felt a hand on his back and a sudden rush of relief as he felt himself healing rapidly.

"Miss Reina/Boss!"

"How many people were hurt?" Frankenstein asked while Reina taps M-21, gesturing that he's done. Raizel looks at the screen where a feed of the damage was being played. They were back after the Clan Leaders went back to their posts along with Takio.

"The KSA reported that they estimated that there are thousands of people dead."

"Thousands...?" Reina murmurs under her breath, she cannot believe the number of lives lost just because of one man.

'I should have been there.'

'We didn't know.' Frankenstein felt anguish, anger, disappointment, and grief through their bond as Reina remained silent.

Tao reported to them the discoveries and reports gathered from the KSA.

"Those bastards..." Frankenstein gritted his teeth. 

~~~

Reina bit her lower lip as the three of them scan their surrounding, where the attack happened.

"Frankenstein, Tao said this is just getting started." Raizel sighs as his attention shifts to Reina who has been silent since they got here.

"That is what to be expected, master. This is the start of our fight with them. They will probably be going to take advantage of this situation as much as they can since they've certainly realized that this kind of fight works in their favor. And even if they don't fight like this, they could cause significant damage even by using the Union to make humans fight wars among themselves. Right now... we're being forcefully dragged into Crombel's plan." Frankenstein thought out loud. His eyes were glued at Reina's back, her feelings overflowing out of her that even Raizel can feel it.

"It wasn't your fault..." Raizel stated softly.

"It is. I should have been here, I could have prevented all of this from happening."

"For now, we have to treat this event as a human-related event only. Nobles aren't allowed to step in... you should know that."

This reasoning was to prevent the nobles from completely ruling over the humans. Just like the Clan Leaders who betrayed Lukedonia, many nobles still think that they are superior to humans and that humans exist to be controlled by them.