Chapter 38

"Do you really know where we're going?" Reina asked for the nth time and as usual Raizel nods but this time he did it with annoyance.

"Don't get me wrong, I trust your judgment on everything." Raizel looks at her, obviously not convinced.

"Well, not with directions..." She murmurs while still following him.

After a few minutes, she felt it.

"This energy... is this...?" her incomplete question is immediately answered as she saw Muzaka that is standing with someone on a rooftop. The guy Muzaka is standing with is in a business suit. He is also wearing eyeglasses and matched with his blonde hair is a dark skin complexion.

Reina and Raizel landed with a soft thud. The guy who is with Muzaka flinches upon their every step. He then winces when he saw Reina narrows her eyes at him. Reina does not know him but she has this unsettling feeling deep in her guts after seeing his face.

'Just who is this guy...?' Reina thought while furrowing her eyebrows.

"So, you came. But why did you bring  her with you?" Muzaka gestures to Reina.

"Because I don't want to be alone in the house." Reina grumbles under her breath making Muzaka chuckle.

"L...Lord Muzaka, I will leave as you ordered." The guy with blonde hair and glasses said before bowing and leaving but no one paid him any attention.

"I knew you would come since I sent out a signal that only you would feel. I've called you because I have something to tell you." Reina shrugs and walks toward the end of the rooftop upon hearing this.

"I think I'm going to be on the move soon. Stay out of it."

Reina swiftly turns her head and glares at him, it seems like Raizel interpreted the statement the same as she did since he looks at him as well.

"Don't look at me like that." Muzaka chuckles while raising his hands in mock defense.

"I'm not going to kill humans. This is a matter between my family." Reina sighs in relief and turns to look down from where she is standing. The night breeze softly blowing her black hair and loose clothes. She comfortably sits on the end of the rooftop and watches how the humans rush around the streets below. With the height of the building they are on, it will be impossible for the humans to take notice of her.

"It has been a long time since I've heard some news about my family, but apparently they are after me now." Silence enveloped the two, no one was speaking.

Muzaka broke the silence...

"Cadis Etrama di Raizel. I feel as if I am still dreaming when I look at this changed world. And looking at you who doesn't speak at all, it makes me think that this may all actually be a dream." Muzaka chuckles while Reina shakes her head, smiling.

"How could you not change one bit?" Muzaka wonders while smiling at his friend who is just looking at him.

"Because he is Raizel." Reina shrugs while walking towards the two.

"And where is that tail of yours?" Muzaka teasingly asked her making her laugh.

"You got it wrong!" She shakes her head.

"Frankenstein and I are Raizel's tails."

The three of them-- the two of them, rather, namely Reina and Muzaka talked for a few more minutes about the days of the past while Raizel would only nod or lightly shakes his head. But one cannot deny that there is a smile that is blooming on his face for every passing story.