One Thousand Sweet Kisses

Nash POV

It's the final game of the season, we only have a couple weeks of school left and I'm so excited for the summer. Cameron and I are so happy together, I can't imagine my life without him.

I'm stretching out on the field and my eyes focus on the stands, I'm trying to find Cameron and my family. I finally spot them sitting in the front row, Cameron is sitting next to my mom, who's pregnant now, and her fiancé and Hayes. I spot all of my friends nearby, I'm happy that they're all here to support me. I'm surprised to see my father and his fiancé sitting on the stands as well. Our relationship is not the same but it's definitely better.

I look back at Cameron and he's looking right at me and I wave at him and blow him a kiss. He catches it and blows one back at me which I catch and place on my heart. It's so fucking cheesy but I love it, I can't stop, he makes me feel that way.

I know there are scouts here and that makes me nervous, I have to play a perfect game of I want them to be interested in me. I'm not sure if I'll meet any of them, I don't know who they are.

The game starts and it's intense. We're playing for the state title against our biggest rivals. I'm starting and I can't deny that I'm on fire. The decisions and plays that I make are on point, but somehow we end up tied.

We're huddled together as our coach gives us a speech. We don't want to go into overtime, it's a sudden death overtime where whoever scores first wins the game.

We run back onto the field and their defense is strong, we can't break it. There's only a minute left on the clock and we set up to make a goal. The ball is passed to me and I fake out on the guy blocking me, I glance at the clock and rush at the goalie. The ball leaves my stick as the buzzer sounds I watch as the goalie tries to block my goal but he fails. The ref counts the goal since I threw the ball before the buzzer sounded. My team celebrates with me as we win the state championship.

I'm flying high, the game could not have gone any more perfectly. I'm hoping someone approaches me after the game, I'll have to keep an eye out. I'm almost knocked back by Cameron who presses a hard kiss on my lips. He knows how anxious I was about doing well this game.

"You were awesome, baby!" He exclaims, hugging me tightly. "That last goal was perfect, so fucking amazing."

He kisses me again and then steps back as the rest of my family and friends approach me to congratulate me. I hug everyone and give high fives to my friends.

The last to approach me is my dad, his fiancé and a stranger.

"Nash, I want to introduce you to Bob McIntire, he's a recruiter for Stanford University," my dad introduces us and my hearts begin pounding fast. I can't believe a scout from Stanford actually watched me play, it's literally my dream school.

Never in a million years had I imagined that I would actually meet a scout from my dream school. The Lacrosse team there is one of the most prestigious in the world.

I shake his hand with feigned confidence and smile at him.

"Nash, that was an excellent game of Lacrosse you just played. Your father was kind enough to give me your stats sheet prior to the game and I must say, I'm very impressed. We're interested in having you play for us once you've graduated from high school. Your father and I will be in touch with all the details. " He tells me and I can see Cameron boucing excitedly through my peripheral vision. He's so cute it's unbearable.

" Thank you so much, sir. I look forward to hearing from you." I reply respectfully and I glance at my father who has a proud smile on his face. The scout leaves after speaking to me, I follow him with my eyes, he doesn't stop to speak to anyone else.

I approach my father and I wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you so much, dad." I say simply and I feel his arms come around me as he hugs me back.

"I'm proud of you, son." He replies and I feel good about that, I can't deny it.

I step back and my group of family and friends go out for a celebratory dinner. It's the first time since my injury that my parents have been in the same vicinity, it's awkward but not bad.

We have a long table at a local diner and I'm sitting next to Cameron. I look at the big table of all my loved ones, I feel like my heart is going to burst with happiness.

I went from having the worst summer of my life to the best year of my life.

And all because of this brown-eyed, shy boy that I get to call my own.

A/N- so that's it. Just the epilogue left. :( but don't worry! I'll be working on the sequel which I'll post when I put up the epilogue!

I've posted 2 chapters of my new story Beautiful Soul, check it out, let me know what you think! Ily!