Crash Into Me

A/N-This is a long one! Let me know what you think!!

Cameron POV

5:45pm

Nash is going to be here in 15 minutes and I'm still in my boxers staring at my closet. We've been texting back and forth today but I haven't seen him yet because he was out with his family for most of the day. I have a mess of clothes on my floor from outfits I've tried on and discarded. I'm sure I could wear a hot dog costume and Nash would still be happy, but I want to look good for him.

I finally settle on a gray sweater and black denim jeans. I step into my bathroom and mess with my hair a bit, making sure that it's perfectly quiffed. I spray on some cologne and look at myself in the mirror. I guess this will have to do. I look at my phone and see that it's a few minutes from six. I go downstairs and sit on the living room couch.

My mom is lying down on the futon, reading a book.

"You look good, honey. All ready for your hot date?" She smiles, teasing me. My face heats up.

"Can you never say the phrase 'hot date' to me? Ever again? Thanks, mom." I say, laughing.

She knows I have a date with Nash, I've never kept anything from her and we have a very close relationship. She practically raised my sister and I on her own, my father hasn't been in the picture for as long as I can remember. He will occasionally send a birthday card and some money, but at this point, I'm not inclined to try and have any kind of relationship with him.

"Seriously though, I hope everything goes well tonight. Nash and his family seem really nice." She stands, comes over and gives me a big hug. "My baby is growing up!"

I hug her back tightly as the doorbell rings. My heart starts pounding and I look at my mom with a nervous expression on my face.

"You'll have a great time, honey. Just be yourself..." she advises me and then pulls away. "Be safe. Text me if you need anything."

I nod at her and take a deep breath before going to the door and opening it.

Nash is standing there with a bright smile on his face. He's dressed casually like me and I'm happy with my choice in clothes. His eyes trail up and down my body before meeting my eyes again.

"You look great, Cam." He says as he reaches out his hand to me. I grasp it and he intertwines our fingers and leads me to his car, a red Camaro that's parked in the street.

"Thanks," I reply softly. "You look great too."

He opens the passenger door for me and I slide into his car, he shuts the door after I'm settled in. This is actually the first time I've been in his car. The inside of his car immaculate and I can tell he takes very good care of it. He gets in and shuts the door, we buckle our seat belts and and he turns the car on and we take off, driving down the road. It's quiet at first, I'm nervously drumming my fingers on my leg, I'm not sure what to say.

"Your car is very nice," I comment softly.

"Thanks. It was a present from my dad..." he replies, trailing off.

"Birthday present?" I inquire, just making conversation.

Nash shakes his head. a small smile playing on his lips.

"Nah... it was more of a 'I'm sorry for fucking up our family' present," he says and leaves it at that. I'm dying to ask him more about it but his parent's divorce is one of the topics he hasn't really expanded on. I know it happened recently and that it's why his family moved, but that's it.

My fingers are still drumming on my thigh when Nash reaches out with his right hand and grasps my hand in his. He again intertwines our fingers and begins to caress my hand with his thumb. He drives with his left hand and glances at me and smiles.