Even the Stars They Fall

Cameron POV

9:05am.

What the hell does Sam think he's doing? He thinks he can just show up at Nash's house uninvited and unwanted? I stand up, I can feel my anger rising because I know he's about to ruin my day. All I wanted was to spend these last 2 days with Nash before I have to go back to school on Monday, and this asshole thinks he's relevant enough in my life to just randomly show up. I glance at Nash, worried at his reaction but he has a small smile playing on his lips. Now I'm even more confused, I guess Nash finds Sam being here amusing?

"What the fuck are you doing here, Sam? I made myself very clear in that phonecall," I tell him angrily. His eyes are red and his face is splotchy. Good, I want him to suffer, just like he made Nash and I suffer.

"I... I just want to explain myself." He says softly.

"Frankly, I really don't give a fuck about your excuses. It really is not going to impact me at all, so let's just skip to the part where you get the fuck out and I never see you again." I reply heatedly. I look back at Nash and he's looking at Sam intently, but he still has that smirk.

"Cameron plea-"

"I said get the fuck out before I beat the shit out of you!" I yell at him, stepping forward. He flinches and takes a step back, he's never seen me angry before. And I haven't been this pissed off in a very long time.

"I think you should let him say whatever he needs to say," Nash comments behind me. What the hell?

Sam glares at Nash and then he looks back to me, his gaze softening.

"Can we maybe step outside and talk privately?" Sam asks hopefully. I scoff at him.

"Can you maybe get the fuck out and leave me the hell alone?" I reply, mocking his tone. He blinks rapidly and I feel a sick sense of accomplishment at getting him to cry in front of us.

"Cam, please I'm literally begging you to just hear me out. I can explain everything. You're my only friend here, I can't lose our friendship. Please?" His voice gets softer and by the end of his sentence he's whispering. Tears are falling down his cheeks and I feel no sympathy for him at all. Especially not after he tweeted out that he hoped they amputated Nash's leg. What kind of sick fuck wishes that on another human being?

"C'mere baby," Nash says softly and I turn around and go back to Nash's bed. He opens his arms to me and I slide into them. He wraps his arms around me and kisses the side of my head softly, his hand is running up and down my shoulder. Sam shifts his feet uncomfortable, clearly feeling awkward at our display of affection.

"You may begin," Nash says, smirking at Sam. Sam clenches his fists, I know Nash's attitude is pissing him off and it's actually kind of funny. He looks at me, avoiding Nash's gaze and begins to talk softly.

"I've... I've always struggled with making friends. You know I lived in NYC before moving here and I only had 2 friends there that I left behind. I... my father killed himself when I was 10. He did it in front of me. And... fuck..." he pauses, his voice wavering. He wipes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I stare at him blankly, not moved by his emotional state at all.

"That changed me. It changed who I was irrevocably. It scarred me for life. Every night I have nightmares, I hate going to sleep. Every night I dream about my father taking his gun, pointing it at me and then pointing it to his head and pulling the trigger. I dream about the blood splattering all over me. I dream about his open eyes staring up at the ceiling, lifeless as blood seeps into the carpert.," he continues, he looks down, unable to maintain my gaze.

"I've actually never told anyone that apart from being forced to tell my therapists," he says softly.

I raise my eyebrow at him. I'm not sure if I believe his story, he's proven that he can't be trusted.