Dancing in the moonlight

A/N- Is anyone even reading this? oh whale, here's another update :D

Cameron POV

1:15am.

I hold my breath after I send Nash the message inviting him over. My mom and my sister are actually gone for the week, they're visiting different colleges that my sister is thinking about attending. I had to beg my mom to let me stay home alone instead of going to my grandmother's. By some miracle, she finally agreed this morning before they left, but I've been keeping in touch with them through texts.

My face breaks out into a smile when I receive Nash's message indicating that he would be right over. I watch as he stands up and goes inside his room. I go inside as well and go downstairs to wait by the door for his knock. I'm way too eager for what's about to happen, but I don't even care. I just have a feeling that I finally found what I've been looking for. Someone who gets me.

There's a soft knock on the door and I open it right away, Nash is standing there with basketball shorts and a black wifebeater on. My eyes trail up and down and then back to his face, Nash is smirking at me.

"Gonna invite me in?" he asks cockily.

"Y-yeah, come in," I reply, stuttering slightly. My face starts to turn red at my awkwardness, I really don't want to mess this up. "My mom and sister are gone for the week, visiting colleges or whatever."

Nash's face lights up when I tell him that we're basically home alone. I lead him up to my room and sit down on my bed.

"Yeah..feel free to...sit wherever you like?" I roll my eyes at myself, how did that end up coming out like a question?

Nash smiles and sits down close to me. I can smell the cologne he uses, he smells so good. I turn my face and look at him, smiling back.

"So how come you're still awake?" He asks me. "Especially on a school night.."

"I..." I struggle with how to answer such a simple question, he has that effect on me. "I don't really get much sleep, I suppose."

He nods at my answer. "Hmm..me either."

I clear my throat.

"Yeah..I actually noticed you last night," I confess to him. I get a little nervous and I'm not sure how he'll react to the knowledge that I was creeping on him last night.

His face breaks out into a slow, knowing smile. He seems pleased at the revelation.

"Were you looking for me in school today?" he asks me softly, his blue eyes locked on mine.

I can feel my cheeks heating up. "I...might have been?"

"Well I'm glad I saw you looking at me... and that I approached you," he tells me. I lie back on my bed and Nash follows my lead. This short conversation has pretty much cemented in my brain the fact that Nash is interested in me.

"Me too," I whisper, biting on my bottom lip shyly.

His eyes drift down to my lips, his pupils dilate, making his blue eyes turn almost completely dark.

"Do you want to go outside and lie down? It's probably like my favorite thing in the world," I ask him, making him snap out of it. His eyes meet mine and he smirks at me.

"Yeah, it's probably mine as well," he replies and we both get up. I lead him outside where I already have my blanket laid down. I lie down and he does the same next to me.

I stare up at the stars and we start to talk. We talk about anything and everything. Our likes, our dislikes, our fears, our wants, our goals and our aspirations There wasn't anything that we didn't share with each other. I've never felt so close to someone so fast, not even in my friendship with Matt.

4:15am.

Eventually we turn on our sides and look at each other.

"You're beautiful," he whispers to me. My face heats up and I look down shyly. My looks are something I've struggled with in the past, and even though it's not fair to Nash, I can't help but wonder what he would have said to me if I hadn't made the changes I did during the summer. His hand reaches out and he captures my chin, gently raising my head up so my eyes meet his.

"You're beautiful," he says again, more firmly this time. I get butterflies in my stomach and I smile at him.

"Thank you," I reply softly. We stare at each other, silently.

"Sit with me during lunch tomorrow," he says. It's not even a question, he's telling me to do it. It's not like I would say no anyway.

"Okay," is all I say to him. My eyes start to feel heavy and even though I want to stay awake, my eyes drift closed, Nash is the last thing I see before I fall asleep.