So Typically Me...

Nash POV

2:45pm.

I'm currently having my first session with the physical therapist, Adrian, and it is literally torture. I'm trying to slow down on taking the pain medicine and I very much regret not taking it before starting. My leg is throbbing as I move my knee, following the exercises the therapist is showing me. I'm gritting my teeth and there's a thin sheen of sweat all over my body. I'm not even doing anything that difficult.

I continue bending and straightening my leg like he showed me.

"Just like that Nash, you're doing great buddy. You don't want your leg to get stiff and heal in that position so every morning I want you to take off your brace and do this exercise. Even on the days we're not working together." He tells me.

I can tell why he works with top athletes, he's encouraging without being condescending and he somehow knows exactly how hard to push.

"How many reps?" I ask him, grunting slightly at the shooting pain in my knee. Is it supposed to be this bad. I start getting a little paranoid that maybe some thing is wrong.

"I want you to start at 10 reps and double it daily until you reach 100," he instructs me. "You're almost a week out from your surgery. You can start putting weight on your leg, but I want you to use the brace until we strengthen your knee more."

I nod at him and wipe my forehead. This is definitely more difficult than I thought it would be. But I can't just sit around and get deconditioned and make it impossible to return to Lacrosse. I have to it, there are no other options.

I glance at the clock and see that it's almost time for Cameron to come home. My stomach does a few flips, he makes me so excited. I've missed him today.

" We're going to stand and I want you to try walking without the crutches," he says as his fastens my brace again. He helps me up and I put full weight on it, I let out and big breath as a rush of pain shoots through my leg.

"Fuck fuck fuck," I whisper, closing my eyes and clenching my hands into fist.

"I know it's painful Nash, but I need you to continue putting full weight on your leg, we don't want it getting weak," he tells me firmly but in a kind manner. This guy is good.

I continue to put weight on my leg and start walking slowly , Adrian is walking close to me just in case I lose my balance but I feel pretty comfortable. If it wasn't for the pain I think I could walk better but my balance is good.

"I want you to start doing all of your regular activities of daily living. I don't want you to stay in this room all day. You need to go downstairs to eat, go out with your friends. No strenuous activity yet, obviously, until you're cleared by the doctor," Adrian instructs me as I pivot carefully and start walking back towards my bed. I stop when I'm at the edge and turn around look at Adrian. He gives me a high five, a proud smile on his face. Is sex a strenuous activity? I guess not, if Cam does all the work.

"I know you're going to do great, Nash. You have the right attitude and the drive to get back to where you were and that's the most important thing. Half of the battle is mental. We're going to work together Monday through Friday, 3 hours each day. I'll adjust our schedule as you advance, okay?" He informs me as he starts packing up his things.

"I'm taking the crutches with me so you aren't tempted to use them," he says and I chuckle softly. He really means business. I sit down and stretch out my leg, it's so fucking sore after all the exercises I did, once Adrian leaves I'm going to take some of the pain pills.

He finishes packing up and shakes my hand. "Good work today, buddy. I'll see you tomorrow. Same time."

I nod at him and he turns and leaves my room. I lay back on my bed, exhausted. I didn't even do that much today and I'm so tired. I need to shower before Cam gets home because I'm kind of stinky. Walking around without crutches is actually going to make my life easy. I'm glad I can finally put full weight on my leg, even if it's painful. I grab a huge trashbag and make my way to my walk-in shower. My mom bought my a shower chair and a detachable showerhead to make my life easier. I love moms. I get undressed and I sit down on the chair . I pull the trashbag over my brace so it doesn't get wet and secure it.