Oceans

Cameron POV

12:45pm

The next day during lunch Nash and I sat together and somehow both of our groups of friends joined us at the table. There is friendly conversation and it actually feels very comfortable. Even though we are from 2 opposite sides of the spectrum, my friends and I are more of the creative type and Nash and his friends are more of the athletic type, that doesn't seem to matter though. We are still able to find some common ground. We are getting some strange looks from some of the other students, but none of us really care.

Nash and I are carrying on our own conversation, the other guys are currently having some challenge on who can eat the most hotdogs, I'm not even sure how they got that many hotdogs but it's kind of gross. Matt starts gagging on the last bite of the hotdog he had shoved into his mouth and everyone starts laughing at him. He turns to Carter who is sitting next to him and laughing loudly. Matt chokes back a laugh before spitting a glob of hotdog and bread at him.

"What the fuck dude!" Carter yells, trying to jump out of the way but fails as the nasty substance lands right on his chest.

"That's what happens when you laugh at me," Matt replies smugly.

"Ohhh roasted!!" Taylor says, laughing at Carter who has the saltiest expression on his face. "Aww, you salty, bro?"

Nash shakes his head at his friend's antics. He turns and looks at me.

"I promise that we actually are pretty normal most of the time," he tells me, smiling.

"Don't worry, my friends and I are the furthest thing from normal," I say to him and laugh softly.

4:13pm.

I am lying on my bed trying to get through my homework for the night. I have the door to my balcony propped open, allowing the warm breeze of summer into my room. I glance outside and see that Nash's light is on, but I can't really see him. I look back down at my homework trying to concentrate, but my mind keeps drifting back to the blue eyed boy who's caught my attention.

I haven't really gotten much sleep the past couple of nights and it's starting to catch up with me. My head feels fuzzy and before I know it, my eyes drift closed.

7:15pm.

I'm jolted awake by my phone vibrating next to me. I pick it up and see that it's my mom calling.

"Hey, mom." I say, answering my cellphone. I roll over and lie on my back.

"Hi sweetie! I'm just checking in and making sure you're doing okay," she tells me.

"I'm fine, mom. There's plenty of food and grandma checked on me earlier," I reply. "How's the college tour going?"

"Oh it's going good. Each school we go to, Sierra claims it's the one. We'll see how she makes up her mind."

"Yeah, that's Sierra for you," I laugh.

"We're going to dinner now, call me if you need anything. Make sure you keep in touch with your grandparents too," she says.

"Okay mom. I love you."

"I love you too, honey."

I end the call and put my phone down. I rub my eyes, trying to wake up a little more so that I can finish my homework. My phone vibrates again and I look at it. It's Nash. Butterflies erupt in my stomach and I eagerly unlock my phone to read his message.

Nash:So this homework sucks ass...you should come over and keep me company. 🙏

My hand shakes a little bit as I type out a reply. It's kind of unreal the effect that boy has on me.

Cameron:My mom and sister are still gone so..I'm home alone. Why don't you come over? We'll be able to concentrate better here?☺️

I know things can get a little crazy at Nash's house with his siblings, but really I just want to make sure that we aren't interrupted.

Nash:Sounds like an excellent plan. Gimme a few, I'll be right over.

I'm just getting downstairs when Nash rings the doorbell. I open the door and let him in, smiling. He has his school books with him.

"Let's go to my room," I tell him, leading him upstairs.

"You know the fact that we're neighbors is pretty awesome," Nash comments casually as he flops down on my bed.

I lie down next to him and pick up my World History book. "Mmm, yeah it is..."

We sit in a comfortable silence as we work through the homework.

"I fucking suck at math," Nash says abruptly, letting out a frustrated sigh. I look up from the world history worksheet that I'm almost done with.

"I'm pretty decent at math," I tell him. "Just give me a few minutes to finish this up and I can try to help you."

Nash nods in agreement and puts his book down, he turns on his side and props his head up with his hand, and looks at me. I'm aware of what he's doing through my peripheral vision and my face begins to heat up.

He smirks at me, his blue eyes perusing my features. "Why are you blushing, Cam?"

"What are you talking about?" I reply, feigning ignorance. He scoots closer to me and I keep looking down at my world history book, pretending to read but really the words are having no impact on my brain. Nash is the only thing I can concentrate on.

"I think you know what I'm talking about, Cam." He whispers and I see his hand reach up and my eyes flutter closed as he gently runs his hands through my hair. My breath hitches as I feel Nash press a soft kiss on my cheek.

I feel my cheek grow hotter and I open my eyes and turn my head to look at him. I bite my bottom lip and his eyes drift down to my lips. He cups my face with his hand and runs his thumb over my bottom lip.

He starts to lean in and stops abruptly when my phone vibrates with a new text message. He lies back and looks at me, smirking.

"You gonna see who that is?" He asks, he knows the exact effect he has on me. I let out a shaky breath and try to regain some of my composure. I look at my phone and see that Matt has texted me.

The cockblock is real.

A/N- I'm hoping someone is reading this! Let me know what you think...if there's anyone reading this :)