Define:Normal

Cameron POV

7:45am.

I had asked my mother over breakfast who our new neighbors were. She informed me that they are the Griers and that there is a son my age, Nash, who already attends my school. They weren't new to town, like I had originally thought, they just moved houses.

I'm driving down the street with Matt sitting next to me, my fingers tapping along to the rhythm of the music.

"You're quiet this morning," Matthew comments. I glance at him and he's looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

I shrug and pull into the schools' parking lot. I park my car, turn it off and face Matt who is still looking at me expectantly.

"I don't know man," I reply neutrally and turn around to grab my things from the back seat. Matt looks at me for a moment more and then grabs his things from the back seat.

"This conversation isn't over," he tells me before getting out of the car.

We walk into school and meet up with Shawn and JJ.

"I'm so freaking tired," Shawn groans as he lays his head against his locker. We had managed to get our locker assignments changed so that we were all close to one another.

"Why?" I ask him as I start to empty my book bag into my locker.

"Cause I-" his sentence is interrupted by a yawn. "Cause I was up all night writing a song that had been stuck in my head all day. It literally would not let me sleep until I wrote it down."

I laugh softly at Shawn.

"Should have taken a cold shower, that would have woken you right the fuck up," I tell him.

-------------------------------

The school day passes by as usual but I am keeping an eye out for my neighbor, Nash. Even though there's no way in hell I'm approaching him, I still want to know about him.

12:45pm.

It's now lunch time and I'm sitting at an outside table with my friends. I bite into my apple and chew slowly as my eyes wander around the cafeteria. I'm still looking for Nash, as I haven't seen him yet. I'm fairly sure that I could recognize him if I saw him and our school isn't that big. I hear a group of guys laughing loudly and my attention drifts to them.

They're throwing a football back and forth and I watch them as I take another bite of my apple. I freeze mid bite as I finally find the person I've been looking for all day.

Nash Grier.

He's with the group of guys who are laughing and throwing the football around. My eyes drink him in and my heart starts beating a little faster. He's definitely attractive with his blue eyes and hair that's falling across his forehead. He's tall, taller than me. Matthew nudges me, and my attention snaps back to my friends at the table.

"Dude, what's up with you today?" he asks me. "You've been lost in your head, or something."

I sigh and shrug at him. I don't really want to get into this with him, especially since we're surrounded by our friends. And he doesn't even know I'm into guys. I weigh the pros and cons of telling Matt in my head and decide to talk to him about it. He's my closest friend and if he doesn't support me then who will?

"I'll tell you later, Matt. After school," I gesture to the rest of the group and he nods, understanding me. He's satisfied with the fact that I'll tell him later and goes back to chatting with Shawn. I look back to Nash and his group of friends, they're now sitting down at a table and Nash is actually facing me. I try not to be so obvious with my staring but I can't help it. I study his face as he smiles. He has a beautiful smile and vibrant blue eyes.

I chew on my bottom lip as I contemplate the situation. Even though I'm attracted to Nash, I doubt he's even into guys. I also doubt I would ever have the courage to actually approach him. But sometimes it's nice to daydream. All of a sudden his gaze locks with mine, even though my first instinct is to look away, I find myself unable to do so. His smile fades away, his brow furrows slightly and the look on his face grows more intense.

My heart beats faster and I feel my palms getting sweaty. All he's done is look at me and my body is reacting this way, I can't imagine how I would react if he actually spoke to me. One of his friends distracts him and he looks away from me. I wipe my palms on my jeans and try to regain my composure. I can't believe how he's making me feel. I am not a normal person.

I finish eating my lunch and casually join in the conversation at my table, trying to stop thinking and looking at Nash. Nash, who doesn't know my name, probably barely even noticed me. I'm definitely making that look to be more than it actually is. Before I know it, lunch is over and everyone is gathering their things to go to class. I grab my trash and go over to the trash can to get rid of it. As I'm throwing my stuff away, I feel someone behind me. I turn around and my heart stops. It's Nash. And he's looking right at me.