We Love The Darkness, You and I

Nash POV

Sam is like that annoying mosquito that you try to swat away but it keeps coming back, buzzing close to your ear and taunting you.

He somehow integrates himself into my group of friends, mainly through Cameron. I feel like he's exploiting Cameron's kindness but I have no solid proof. I have to admit that he's been nice to me, but I've remained aloof towards him. I secretly follow all his social media accounts on a dummy account I made. After I saw his tweets that first day, I check to see what he's been saying and it's so fucking obvious that he indirects Cam all the time. Cam is really the only person I've ever seen him talk to, so who else could it fucking be?

3 weeks have passed since Sam started at our school. Cameron and I have been officially boyfriends for 3 weeks. This weekend is Katrina's birthday party and even though I have no plans to actually attend all of my friends are going and they're pressuring me to go.

12:20pm.

It's finally Friday and we're half way through the day. I'm sitting next to Cameron who is looking the other way, talking to Sam. There's no one on the other side of me because I'm at the end of the table. I'm growing increasingly agitated at how Sam always tries to get Cameron's attentions during lunch period. It's basically the only time I have with Cam during the school day because we don't share any classes. I'm going to make sure that's not the case next semester. I'm bouncing my leg as Cameron continues to converse with Sam. They're talking about some stupid band that they both like, it's something obscure that I've never heard of.

"Nash!" Katrina exclaims as she sits on the edge of the table. She's smiling widely and brimming with excitement.

"Hey, Katrina..." I reply and I see Cam finally turn his head towards me for like the first time all lunch period. Of course it's cause Katrina is here and he hates her with a passion.

"My party is tonight, are you excited?" She asks me, flutters her eyelashes at me and crosses her legs. I can't believe she's still hitting on me when she knows that I'm gay and that I have a boyfriend. She's absolutely delusional.

"Actually Katrina I won-" I start to reply but Jack interrupts me.

"Yeah he's super excited, we are all. It's going to be a blast." He says, smirking at me. What the fuck? What the hell is he doing?

Katrina claps her hands excitedly. "Oh my god, this is def going to be the party of the year. Everyone is coming!"

She bounces off before I can say anything and I glare at Jack.

"What the fuck, dude?" I ask, glaring at him, after Katrina is gone.

He winks at me and grins. "You haven't gone out with us at all since you quit football, Nash. We miss you and want to spend time with our bro. I know it's Katrina, but there'll be a lot of people and we'll just stick together. We'll shield you from her. I promise."

I can't argue with him there because he's right. Between lacrosse practice and wanting to spend the rest of my time with Cameron, I've been neglecting my friends.

Cameron is looking at me, a frown on his face. I know he doesn't want me to go to the party, but I don't want him to hang out with Sam but he still does. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

"Fine," I said, agreeing with him. He whoops and high fives Taylor who is grinning back at him. "You guys are so fucking dumb, I swear. Why am I even friends with you?"

"Because you luuuv us," Sammy Wilk responds, blowing kisses at me. I roll my eyes at him but smile because they're right.

"Can we talk?" Cameron whispers to me and stands up. I sigh and follow him. The table makes 'Oooo' noises and I hear someone say 'He's in trouble!'.

We walk a small distance away and I stop and look at him. His face is turning red and I know he's pissed.

"Nash, you told me you weren't going to that party!" He says, raising his voice at me.

"You did witness what just happened, right? Or were you too wrapped up in your conversation with Sam to notice?" I ask him sarcastically. I know I shouldn't respond this way but I'm already worked up because I feel he's been ignoring me all of lunch.

He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at me. He's so sexy when he's mad.

"That is so fucking uncalled for, Nash." He replies, gritting his teeth.

"Is it really? Because for the past month it feels like there's been 3 people in our relationship. Like, we barely started being together officially and Sam just butts in. I barely any personal time with you at all, Sam just commands all of your attention during lunch. And then you 'tutor' him in the evenings. All we have is the weekend and I have to split that time with my family, and you with yours." I vent at him.

He looks shocked at what I'm saying. I've been keeping all of that inside, trying to be a good boyfriend.

"And they're right, Cam. I haven't gone out with them at all. I know it's Katrina's birthday party but all of my friends are going and I don't want to let them down again." I finish and Cam stands there, stunned.

"I'm not going to go with you," he says after a while.

"What?" Is the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

"I refuse to celebrate that vile girl's birthday."he says blankly.

I take in a deep breath and clench my fist. "Fine. I'll go without you."

"Fine." He replies and turns around and walks away as the bell rings and signals the end of lunch. I watch him walk away from me and Sam runs to catch up with him. I growl lowly as he wraps his arms around Cameron's shoulder and they lean their heads close as Cameron talks to him quickly. I bet he's telling him what an asshole I am and I bet Sam is feeding fuel to the fire.

Carter and Matt come up to me, worried looks on their faces. It's funny because I've actually grown closer to Matt, we share a common dislike for Sam because Matt feels that Sam is taking his bff from him. Plus he agrees with me about Sam subtweeting Cam.

"What happened?" Matt asks me as we walk back to the school together.

"I kind of blew up at Cam after he brought up the fact that I told him I wasn't going to Katrina's party," I say as my anger subsides and hurt takes it place. "He's refusing to go with me, so I'm sure he'll have a great time with Sam tonight, while I'm miserable at this dumb party."

"Listen, we'll go for like an hour max and then we'll leave and take Cam back from Sam. We can take an impromptu trip to the cabin, you know how much Cam loves it there and then you and him can make up," Carter tells me, and I start to feel better.

"That's a great idea!" I say and I give him our dumb handshake before going to my next class. I know just the way to make things up to Cameron, and lets just say it involves whipcream and strawberries. I have a lot to plan before tonight.

3rd Person POV

"So he's definitely coming, right?" She whispers to him as they hide underneath the stairwell.

"Yeah," he replies, laughing softly. "His friends are so easily manipulated. All I had to do was comment on how he hasn't really been hanging out with them and how your party is the perfect occasion cause they're all going."

She grins and silently hopes and prays that everything will go perfectly. Because if it does? Nash will be hers.

A/N- I know, I know! I'm sorry :(. But I promise to try and update again before tomorrow. I'm kind of on a roll!