Just One Look And I Began to Fall

Nash POV

9:45am.

I don't even have really worry about Kian, he didn't approach me at all, I saw him walking with Sam in the morning. It was a strange turn around considering how eager he had seemed to be my friend again, but maybe meeting Sam put a stop to that. I don't mind at all, it just makes my life easier. The new semester is finally here and I can finally start attending Lacrosse practice this afternoon, I really can't wait. Cam and I made sure that our schedules matched for the 2nd semester, it's a lot more fun having him in every class.

"Are you gonna come watch me practice for the first time in like forever?" I ask him quietly. We're working together on a worksheet, another perk of sharing every class is that we get to be partners, unless the teacher is an asshole and assigns partners. I honestly hate that.

"Of course, babe. Where else would I be?" He asks me as he writes down the answers for our assignment. I'm not really doing much, to be honest, but Cam doesn't seem to mind. My phone vibrates and I pull it out and hold it under my desk. I peek down at the screen and see that Kian has texted me.

Kian- Hey! I haven't really seen u today, but I think we share the same lunch. u mind if I join u guys?

"Who is that?" Cameron asks, chewing on his bottom lip as he contemplates the answer to the next question. I get distracted and stare at his lips.

"Nash?" He asks, looking up at me.

"Oh uh... it's just Kian. He was asking about sitting with us at lunch..." I say, snapping out of it. Cameron smirks, he probably knows what was running through my head.

He shrugs. "I guess that's not a problem... as long as he doesn't bring Sam along. I still fucking hate that kid."

I text Kian back letting him know that it was cool but not to bring Sam along. I don't check my phone when it vibrates again, I just slip it back into my pocket.

"So this worksheet..." I start, but I trail off because I have no clue what it's actually about.

"I'm almost done, nice of you to pitch in though," Cameron says sarcastically. I grin at me and he sticks out his tongue at me. He's so fucking cute, it kills me.

"We need to schedule our SATs, get them out of the way," he comments as he finishes up the assignment. I scrawl my name on the top, even though I really didn't do anything.

"Ugh... why do we even have to take that. They're so stupid." I complain, frowning.

"Well if you want to play sports for an Ivy league school you have to have the grades and the SAT scores to back it up, we need to study for them. And I'd rather take them early just incase my score suck and I need to retake them." Cameron insists and I sigh, I know he's right. I can't just expect to get by with my awesome Lacrosse skills. I've actually been a very good student, I've made sure to keep my grades up while juggling sports.

The rest of the morning passes by, most of it's a blur. I honestly can't wait for spring break. Cameron and I are planning on spending the entire week up at the cabin. It's going to be awesome. I'm counting down the days.

12:00pm.

Cameron and I are sitting together at our table with the usual squad. I haven't spotted Kian yet or Sam for that matter. I don't really care either.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Cameron tells me and stands up. He walks back inside the school and I turn to Carter, who is sitting next to me.

"What's up? You and Matt are okay?" I ask him. Matt isn't sitting next to Carter today, he's sitting at the other end of the table with Shawn.

"He's being difficult lately. I don't know what the fuck to do." Carter says rubbing his eyes. "I like him, alot. And lately he's just been questioning my feelings for him, like he feels I'm only using him for sex or whatever, and that's not true at all. I just want him, all the time, and I can't control it. He wants all this mushy lovey dovey bullshit that I'm not used to. He got mad at me when I called it that, he's been ignoring me like all fucking day."

"I can talk to Cameron and see if he has any ideas," I offer.

He nods. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea cause he's been blanking me since like last night. It's aggravating."

I nod and stand up, I go inside the school and walk to the bathroom where Cameron said he was going.

I open the door quietly, planning on scaring Cameron by sticking my head over the top. As I creep inside I hear Cameron talking and I pause, he's on the phone.

"Yeah... baby I know. I miss you so much too." He's saying softly. My heart drops, who the fuck is he calling baby? I creep a little closer so I can hear better, I feel kind of bad for spying on him but I need to know what's going on.

"I don't know when I'll be able to get away... it's kind of difficult right now, you know? There's a lot going on and-" He stops talking, I guess he got interrupted.

"Don't be like that, you know I love you." He's quiet after that for a little while. My heart is beating faster and I don't know what to think. Who is he talking to?

"I can't Spring Break. I already told you, I'm going to the cabin with Nash and I won't be able to get away." He says, his tone of voice is changing, it sounds like he's getting annoyed.

I can feel tears threatening to spill and my heart is breaking. Has he been cheating on me this whole time? I feel so stupid not to notice it.

"I have to go, Nash is probably going to wonder what's taking me so long and he'll come looking for me," he says softly as he sighs.

"I'll call you when I can. I love you too, baby." He says and I hear him stand up. My feet feel frozen, my body feels like lead. I know he's going to open the stall door any second and I can't move. I can't bring myself to leave.

He opens the stall door and stops as he notices me there standing by the sink. His eyes widen, he looks so fucking guilty. That cements my assumption and I turn and run out of the bathroom without saying anything to him.

I hear him yell out my name but I ignore him and break out into a full on run towards the parking lot. I can hear him running behind me, he's yelling my name.

"Please let me explain, it's not what you think!" He's yelling as I reach my car. My hands fumble with my keys, but I unlock my car and jam the key into the ignition. I pull away just as Cameron is reaching my car and drive off.

I don't look back. I can't look back.

A/N-Comment? Vote? :D ily