Clarity

Nash POV

7:45am.

I'm cuddling with Cameron on my hospital bed, I really can't believe that he's here right now. I thought for sure I had lost him forever but I'm so happy that he came to his senses. It kinda sucks that I had to injure my leg for it to happen, it's really the only positive thing from this whole ordeal. My parents are here but they're currently talking to the surgeon who's going to do the surgery on my knee today. My stomach is growling because I'm not allowed to eat until after the surgery.

I trail my hand up and down his spine tenderly and I turn my head and kiss his forehead gently. Even though I slept for most of the night because of the pain medicine, I know Cameron was up for most of it. Whenever I would wake up in pain he was right there , asking me if I needed anything and he even got the nurse a few times for me. He wanted to stay awake but I forced him to get into bed with me and rest a little bit. It's a tight fit but we managed it. The nurse came in at one point and raised an eyebrow at me, she didn't say anything though. I wouldn't have listened to her anyway, I've missed being close to Cameron too much to kick him out of my bed. He told me he's skipping school while I'm in the hospital and I'm too selfish to tell him no. I want him here, he makes everything so much more tolerable and manageable.

I'm really scared right now but I'm trying not to show it. I'm so scared that I won't be able to play competitively in sports after this. The doctor assured me that if I follow all of the precautions and start physical therapy right away, that I should be able to return to Lacrosse. I have get back to 100% or all my plans will be ruined, I'd have no chance at an athletic scholarship. I'm already going to be behind because of the time I'll be out so I'm going to have to go extra hard the second half of the season.

Supposedly this guy is the best in the area, he does surgeries for guys playing in the NFL and shit. I guess my dad found him and asked if he could do mine today. I should be grateful for whatever strings he pulled to get this guy here.

My parents walk back into the room and my mom comes up to me, my dad stops short when he see's Cam and I cuddling, but he doesn't say anything yet. She bends down and kisses my forehead gently and smooths my hair. Her eyes are glistening and her hand trembles slightly.

"What?" I ask her, my anxiety increasing. Cam shifts and opens his eyes, he rubs his eyes and sits up, looking down at me. I don't think he notices my parents are here.

"What's wrong, baby? Are you in pain? Should I get the nurse?" he asks me quickly, a worried expression on his face. I'm about to reply when he finally see's my parents and his face turns bright red. He scrambles off the bed and stands up.

"I...uh. Sorry." He trips on his words and looks very embarrassed. I giggle at him, he's so cute when he's flustered.

"What are you sorry about, Cameron? There's nothing for you to apologize for," My mom replies, smiling at him. Cameron glances at my father, who just stands there with nothing to say. He sits back down on the chair near my bed and I turn my attention back to my mom.

"Did the surgeon tell you bad news?" I ask her, my voice wavering. I'm trying so hard not to freak out, but I don't know if I can help it.

"No...no honey. It's just, I'm a mom, I can't help but be worried for you. I know you're strong sweetie and that you'll be fine. But still, it's a major surgery..." She trails off and then she walks over to the couch and sits down. My father sits down next to him and pats her back awkwardly. This is actually the first time I've seen my parents interact since the divorce. I have an aching feeling in my heart, I miss the family that we used to be.

There's a knock on my door and then it opens. Hayes comes bursting in, followed by Matt and Carter.

"They really should give people a map to this place, it took us forever to find your room," he complains as he plops down next to my mom. I grin at them, happy that they're all here to support me. I'm feeling less scared now because I'm not alone and no matter what happens I know they will be here for me.