Learning to Breathe

Cameron POV

7:50am.

I'm in Nash's car and he's driving us to school. Even though I have my own car we decided it's more efficient to just car pool, plus I get to spend more time with him.

I have to admit I'm nervous about going to school today. I was able to tell all of my close friends about my relationship with Nash before the rumors got around, so I'm happy about that.

I chew my lip as I look out the window. Nash grabs my hand and rubs it gently.

"We'll be okay, baby." He says, trying to comfort me. "All of our friends and family know, and really that's all that even matters."

I nod in agreement.

"Football practice starts today," he comments blankly.

I look at him, he seems tense.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"My dad is coaching this year, and we don't have the best relationship. He doesn't even know I'm gay. I don't give a fuck about him but I know my father, he's going to make a big deal about this." He explains, a frown on his face.

I squeeze his hand gently. "I'm here for you, baby. I'll stay and watch you practice, I can work on my homework."

"Are you sure?" He asks me softly as he pulls into a parking space in the school lot.

"Of course I'm sure," I reply and I lean in, pull him close and give him a tender kiss. I begin to pull away but Nash runs his hand through my hair, holds my head in place and deepens the kiss. Our tongues battle it out as our kiss grows more intense. I'm almost across the center console of the car and into Nash's side when he pulls away, breathing heavily.

"Fuck, baby... you're intoxicating. So fucking addicting," he says roughly as he runs his hand through his hair and tries to calm down.

I lean back in my seat and lay my head back, trying to catch my breath.

"Fuck..." Nash curses as he adjusts himself. I laugh softly as I do the same.

"This is your fault, Nash." I accuse him. He smirks at me and then grabs our book bags from the back seat. He gets out of the car, opens my door and hands me my book bag.

"Thanks baby," I say as I grab his hand. He gives it a squeeze as we walk to the school.

We get inside and I immediately notice that people are looking at us. I meet their gazes head on, I'm not scared of them. Nash is greeting his friends as usual, nothing has really changed for him. We stop at my locker and Nash gives me a soft kiss.

"I'll see you at lunch, babe." He says and smiles before turning and going to his locker down the hallway.

I'm putting my books away when Katrina approaches me. I take in a deep breath and turn to her, my eyebrow raised.

"Yes?" I ask aggressively. I don't want to deal with her shit right now. I want to have a good day and make it to Nash's football practice without incident because I'm sure there will be enough drama there.

"Enjoy your little honeymoon period," she says, smirking at me. "There's no way Coach Grier will allow his son to date you."

I laugh at her, clutching my stomach and bending over. She stares at me, an incredulous look on her face at my overreaction.

"The funny thing is that you think he has any influence on Nash's life. Nice one." I smirk back at her, slam my locker shut and walk away. I go to my first class and sit next to Matt who is looking like he's in a better mood than the last time I saw him.