I Choose You

Nash POV

1:45am.

Cameron and I are lying on his balcony again, staring up at the stars. We finished our homework a while ago and have been lying out here since then.

"The universe is amazing," I say softly. "Like how is the closest galaxy to us still thousands of light years away."

Being an insomniac sometimes makes me a philosopher.

"I think about that too. Is there someone out there, across the billions of galaxies looking up at their sky right now? Wondering if life exists on another planet, just like we do?" he replies, staring up at the sky.

I look at him, feeling happy and content in this moment. I just feel like I finally found someone I can connect with, on a deeper level. I turn on my side and look at him.

"I'm so happy I'm getting to know you," I confess.

"Me too," he tells me softly, turning his head to look at me.

We stare at each other, the moonlight illuminating our faces.

I wouldn't give this moment up for anything in the world.

----------

The next few weeks are amazing. My friendship with Cameron leads to our group of friends merging into one big group. Although people are confused at first, most of the students stop caring about it pretty quickly. Cameron and I continue to spend a lot of time together and we've become best friends. I still haven't made an actual move on him, I don't want to go too fast. It has been really hard to slow down, but I manage it.

3:45pm.

I'm leaning against his locker scrolling through my twitter feed, waiting for Cameron to come out of his last class. It's finally Friday and I'm planning on asking him out on a date. I have nervous butterflies going crazy in my stomach, not a feeling that I'm used to.

"Hi, Nash!" I look up from my phone and see that it's Katrina, a cheerleader for the football team. She's been attempting to get closer to me this year and I'm obviously not interested in her. I fake a smile.

"Katrina, hi" I don't say anymore than that. I'm trying to be polite but also don't want to engage her in any way.

"So my parents are going away this weekend for their anniversary and I'm having a party Saturday night. You're totally invited!" She says, beaming at me.

"I have plans for this weekend, but I'll try to make it," I reply neutrally. Her face falls in disappointment.

"Oh...okay, well I hope you can make it..."

"Make what?" Cameron asks, as he comes up behind us. I give him a genuine smile and he smiles back at me.

"My party on Saturday night," Katrina tells him. "You're... invited too Cameron, if you can make it."

Cameron nods at her and doesn't say anything else. We stand there in an awkward silence for a few moments.

"I hope to see you guys Saturday night!" Katrina says before walking away. Cameron opens his locker after she leaves.

"What was that all about?" He asks me casually. I study his face before answering. He clenches his jaw a little bit and I smirk at him.

"What do you mean?" I reply, playing with him a little bit.

"Nash."

"Cameron."

He shuts his locker and looks at me, eyebrow raised.

"Is Cam a little jealous?" I ask, teasing him. Cameron scoffs.

"Jealous? Of her?" He rolls his eyes.

"There's nothing to worry about, Cam. There's only one person who has my attention. And it's definitely not her." I step closer as I reply to him. He's biting his lip and a rush of desire courses through me. The things this boy does to be without even knowing it.

"You really shouldn't do that in public," I tell him, my voice getting lower.

"Do what?" He asks innocently.

"Mmm, I think you know what I'm talking about, Cam."

He smiles sweetly at me, maybe he does know what he's doing, he's clearly enjoying my reaction.

"Go out on a date with me Saturday," I tell him. I don't phrase it as a question because I'm not taking no for an answer.

His eyes widen slightly before he breaks out into a huge smile.

"What time?" he asks me.

"Be ready at 6," I reply. He nods at me, still smiling widely.

We start walking home together. Cameron is a little quiet on our way home and that worries me a little bit.

"What's up, Cam?" I ask him. He's been walking while looking down at his feet. He looks up at me.

"Nothing's wrong. I just... thought you were never going to ask me out. I've been thinking I misread your signals..." He confesses. "I'm just happy I didn't. And that we're actually going out on a date."

"I wanted to take it slow," I explain. "I wanted us to be friends first... didn't want to rush into things, you know?"

He nods, seeming to understand where I'm coming from.

"So my house for homework?" He asks. We've fallen into a rhythm of doing our homework together every night, even though we barely have any classes together, it's just time that we can spend together.

A/N- First date next chapter? :D