We Can Be Kings, You and I

Nash POV

8:30pm

I'm sitting back on a couch at Katrina's house surrounded by my friends. I'm sitting in between Jack G. and Carter with Matt on the other side of him and the music is booming. I haven't seen Katrina yet and I hope it stays that way. I keep looking at my watch, we have 30 minutes before I'm leaving with Carter and Matt to surprise Cameron at his house and drive up to the cabin for the weekend. I already got Cam's mom's permission and she's keeping it a secret and she somehow managed to pack a bag for him without him noticing. Mother's are wizards, I swear to bob.

Someone starts passing out shot glasses filled with clear liquid but I decline when one is shoved in my face.

"Take it dude, what the fuck?" Jack says and I shake my head at him. "What, are you a pussy bro? You scared to take a few shots?"

Fuck. Jack knows exactly which buttons to push to get me to do stuff.

He takes the drink from the guy and hands it to me. I hesitate, looking at the drink I hold in my hand.

"Don't worry, I'll drive us there. Drink if you want." Carter tells me softly. I bite my lip and glance around, all of my friends are staring at me.

"Fuck it," I say and drink the shot of alcohol. It burns my throat as it travels down and I immediately take a gulp of the coke I was drinking before.

Everyone surrounding me cheers and follows my lead, knocking their shots back as well. I smile and relax as I start to feel tingly and warm inside. I don't hesitate again when they pass around another round of shots. Everything starts getting fuzzy, and anything someone says is suddenly hilarious.

Carter leans in and whispers in my ears "Matt and I are sneaking off to the bathroom, we'll be back by 900ish to leave."

I nod at him and he stands up and pulls Matt along with him. They really couldn't wait until we got to the cabin? I laugh to myself and take another shot, chasing it down with my coke.

Everything is hazy now, and I'm not going to lie, I feel really good. I bob my head to the music and I lay back on the couch and close my eyes.

The 3 shots that I took are really starting to affect me now. The world feels like it's in slow motion and I'm flying.

I laugh to myself, flying? The fuck?

I smell flowers and I open my eyes, Katrina is now sitting next to me. I lift my head and look around, where is Carter?

"Happy birthday, Kat " I slur out. Why can't I talk normally? That sounded better in my head. I see her texting someone and I lean in close, trying to see who it is. She tilts her phone away from me and then puts it in her pocket.

Then before I can react she's sitting on my lap, straddling me and smiling widely. She leans in close.

"Where's my birthday kiss?" She asks me and I'm trying to push her away but I feel so clumsy. It's like my brain and my hands are no longer communicating. She looks over her shoulder and then leans down and pushes her lips against mine. Her lips feel slimy and even in my drunken haze, I'm grossed out.

"What the fuck?!" Someone yells out as I finally manage to push her off my lap with the help of Jack, who finally came to his senses and realized what was going on.

She falls to the floor and my eyes immediately focus on chocolate brown eyes that are brimming with tears. It's Cameron. All of a sudden the gravity of the situation hits me. He just saw Katrina kiss me. He just saw fucking Katrina kiss me and he has no context. All he knows is what he saw. I try to stand up but I stumble as my legs give out on me. They're all wobbly.

" Cam! Wait-" I call out but he doesn't wait for me to finish. He turns around and runs out of the room. As he leaves I finally see Sam, he gives me a smirk and then runs out after Cam.

What the fuck just happened?

Cameron POV

8:45pm

Sam and I are in my car and I'm driving us to Katrina's party. I was moping around all afternoon and Sam finally convinced me to surprise Nash at the party and make up with him.I know Nash doesn't like him but Sam is really supportive of our relationship. If he wanted me for his own he would have made his move tonight, instead he convinced me to come make up with my boyfriend.

Sam is quiet as we near Katrina's house and he's texting someone on his phone. I park the car and turn to him.

"Are you coming in?" I ask him. He's told me about his anxiety issues and so I check with him before I get out of the car.

"Yeah," he says smiling at me. "I want to be there to support my friend."

He gets out of the car and I follow after him. He's looking down at his phone as we walk towards the house. I attempt peeking at his screen because I'm curious but he locks the screen and puts it in his pocket.

My heart starts pounding as we get up to the door. Nash and I have only been fighting for an afternoon and I'm already so desperate to see him, to kiss him, and make up with him. I hate it. I hate that I'm the one to blame for this fight. I should have been more understanding because Nash is right, he has given up his time with his friends to be with me. And even if it's bitchface's birthday, I still could have come with him just to support him. I regret the way I reacted so much, and I'm hoping surprising him here makes up for it. After we drop of Sam at his house, I'm planning to head back to mine with Nash so we can really make up.

I'm smiling to myself as we enter the house, I Immediately start looking around for Nash. Sam doesn't say anything and just starts heading towards what looks to be the living room and I follow after him. Katrina's house is even more packed than her party a few weeks ago, the one where Nash and I picked up Matthew after our first date. I'm thinking about our first date when Sam stops abruptly in front of me and turns around. He looks worried, his eyes are open wide. He's telling me something but I can't make it out. My eyes drift around the room and that's when I see him.

That's when I see her on top of him. Straddling him. That's when I see her kissing him. He's not pushing her away. Why isn't he pushing her away? That's when my world comes crashing down in an instant. When I feel my heart break into a million pieces. I've always read about these moments, I've seen them in movies but I've never actually experienced it. My chest feels tight. I feel panic start rising inside of me. I feel disbelief.

"What the fuck?" Leaves my mouth before I even realize I'm even saying anything. It's only after I speak that Nash pushes her away and his eyes meet mine. His cheeks are flushed and his eyes are glazed. He looks like how he looks at me after we kiss. When he's high on lust, on our love and his gaze isn't focused because he just had the most amazing kiss of his life. That's how he looks right now.

I hear him call out my name but I turn around run out of the house. Tears are falling down my face, my heart is racing and I can't believe what I just witnessed. I can't believe I saw the boy that I love with someone else on his lap, kissing him. That's MY lap to sit on, those are MY lips to kiss. I feel rage building up inside me. I unlock the car, fumbling with my keys because my vision is blurry. I angrily wipe the tears from my eyes and get into my car. I lean forward, my hands resting on the steering wheel and I cry. Gut-wrenching sobs leave my body and leaves me gasping for air.

The realization that I just lost Nash, the only person that I ever gave my everything to, makes me cry even harder. I hear the door shut and warm arms wrap around me. I turn and bury my face in Sam's shoulder and he rubs my back, making soothing noises.

"I'm so sorry, Cam." he says quietly. "I'm so sorry that you had to witness that. That it even happened to you."

I can barely pay attention to what he says to me. The only thing on my mind is Nash.

A/N- Uh...hi? hehe. 2k reads is amazing! Thank you guys so much for reading, voting and commenting! It makes my day when I read your reactions!