Lights

A/N- I know you guys saw that tweet. Cash is love.Cash is life.

Cameron POV

6:45pm.

To say dinner was awkward is putting it lightly. Nash never really warms up to his mother's boyfriend even though he seems like he genuinely cares for Elizabeth and her children. I try hard to engage Nash in the conversation, but he only gives one worded answers and stares at his plate the entire time.

"My leg is throbbing and I want to go lie down," he says suddenly. Elizabeth sighs softly and nods at Nash. He doesn't say another word as he stands up and takes his plate to the kitchen and then heads up the stairs. I sit there for a few minutes, trying to be polite and stay until everyone is finished eating.

"You can go upstairs, Cameron," Elizabeth says quietly and I smile gratefully at her and pick up my plate.

"Dinner was really good," I tell her. "Thank you."

She nods and turns back to Johnnie as I leave the room.

"We just have to give him some time to adjust," I can hear her start to say to her boyfriend.

I quickly wash my plate and Nash's, he just left it in the sink, and then I head upstairs to his room. I open the door and step into the room, closing it behind me. Nash is lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling while he throws a ball in the air. I lock the door and get into bed with him, kicking off my shoes. He doesn't say anything and he doesn't look at me, he just keeps throwing the ball and catching it.

"Baby, look at me," I tell him softly. He sighs and throws the ball in the corner of his room. He turns his head and looks at me.

"Talk to me," I say, pulling him into my arms. He buries his face in my neck and kisses it softly.

"I just... I know I should be happy for my mom, she's found someone to be with. But it's just another example of how my life will never be the same. Everything has changed and even though I try to make it seem like it doesn't really affect me. It does. But then it's like, everything happens for a reason, you know? If my parents hadn't divorced, my mom wouldn't have wanted to move and who knows if I would have ever met you." He tells me softly.

He lifts his head and looks at me. "And I'm so happy I met you, I honestly wouldn't want it any other way."

He leans in and gives me soft, gentle kisses. "You make all of this worth it."

My stomach breaks out into a million butterflies, he still can make me feel this way and I love it.

"I love you, Nash. I love you so much." I breathe against his mouth.

"I love you too." He mumbles as he continues to kiss me softly. We stay like that for hours, just kissing and whispering sweet things to each other. I could spend my entire life with Nash just like this and I would never grow bored. Eventually we just cuddle, our lips raw and sore from kissing, and I love it.

Nash shifts his weight and I lift my head. "You okay?"

"Just my leg is starting to hurt again," he responds. He has it laying flat on the bed, so I get some pillows to prop it up.

He lets out a sigh of relief. "So much better, thank you babe."

I give him a soft, kiss. "Anything for my baby."

He blushes at me and I smile at him happily. I like it that I can still make him blush.

"So, Adrian says I can go out with my friends and stuff. We should go up to the cabin this weekend," he says after a while of lying there in a comfortable silence.