Fire on the Mountain

Cameron POV

7:15pm

I'm standing at Nash's door and I hesitate before ringing the door bell. I know he's home because his car is in the driveway but I don't get why he didn't text me. I was surprised to see his car when I returned from dropping Sam off at home.

I'm not stupid, I know Nash isn't a big of Sam. He was polite but distant. I just feel bad for Sam. He's quiet and shy, like I was before meeting my friends. I never had anyone to sit with at lunch either, and I thought it was actually brave of him to approach us. I know we're loud and obnoxious and it can probably be intimidating to an outsider.

I know what it feels like to be on the outside wishing you were on the inside. I remember it vividly, like it was yesterday so I want to prevent that from happening to Sam. He's actually really funny and nice once he gets comfortable and opens up.

I hear laughing on the other side of the door and it swings open, revealing Nash.

"Hey," I say, masking my hurt at the fact that he didn't text me. I don't want to be the crazy boyfriend who makes a huge deal when his boyfriend doesn't text him one time, but God I am. I'm obsessed with this blue eyed boy and there's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing I want to do about it. I love it.

"Hey," he replies just as casually.

"You never texted me," I blurt out before I can stop myself. Fuck. I didn't want to bring it up like that. Nash looks at me, confused.

"Yeah, I did text you. Right after my Lacrosse practice." He replies and steps back to let me in.

There's tension between us and I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. I want to feel him close to me, I missed him this afternoon.

He starts going upstairs and I follow him into his room. He shuts the door behind us and locks it. He pulls out his phone and shows it to me. I can see the text he sent me, it was sent hours ago. I frown, confused as to why I didn't get the message.

I show him my cell phone and the last message that I had received from him was from earlier today during class.

"What the fuck?" He asks quietly, a confused expression on his face. He looks back and forth between our phone screens.

"I thought you were just ignoring me," he confesses and there's vulnerability in his voice that makes me fall even deeper for him. I feel so special knowing that I can affect him this way.

"I thought you were ignoring me," I reply as he pulls me close and our lips meet in a deep, passionate kiss.

"I love you so fucking much, Cameron." He rasps out his hands moving all over my body. He pushes me back towards his bed and we fall back. Our lips meet again and move over each other's fluidly. He licks at my bottom lip and I part them and allow his tongue to slide in.

We kiss each other almost desperately, we pour our insecurities and fears into it. There's a knock on the door and he pulls away from me. He rests his forehead on mine momentarily and then pushes off the bed and opens the door. His mom is on the other side and she's smiling at him and waves when she sees me lying on the bed.

I know she knows what we were doing but no one says anything about it.

"I was wondering who was at the door, and where you went but I can see now that it was Cameron," she says a knowing smile on her face. My face heats up and Nash rubs the back of his neck awkwardly and shrugs at his mom.

She waves again and walks away and Nash closes his door and locks it again.

"So that wasn't awkward at all," he says laughing and sitting down next to me on the bed.