And There I Find You In The Mystery...

Cameron POV

6:45pm.

I'm in my room anxiously waiting for Nash to arrive home. I texted him but he hasn't responded, I want to know how his meeting with his coach went. I know this is one of the most important meetings for Nash, it basically will change the direction his future will go in. If he's allowed to return to the field, I know he will impress scouts, without a doubt, he'll basically be a lock in for that athletic scholarship he wants so desperately. We're juniors and it's almost time to take our SATs and start to plan where we want to go to college. It may seem kind of pathetic but I'm applying to all the universities that Nash is going to apply to, I don't care where I go as long as I'm with him. We're both great students academically and I know it won't be hard to find a good university to attend together.

I hear someone quickly make their way up the stairs and I know it's Nash. I sit up in bed and he opens the door. He has the most dejected look on his face. Oh god, it was bad news. I stand up and go up to him, worried about how he's going to cope, but his face breaks out into a wide smile.

"Guess who's a starter for the varsity Lacrosse team??" He asks me before crashing his lips onto mine. A wave of relief courses through me and I'm so happy for Nash. We kiss passionately for a few minutes, he pushes me gently until the back of my knees hit my bed and I fall back on the bed with Nash on top of me. Our lips meet again and he pushes his tongue into my mouth, deepening the kiss and setting me on fire. Eventually he pulls away and rolls onto his back, I snuggle close to him and tangle our legs.

"I'm guessing you?" I say cheekily. He looks at me with the widest smile on his face, I haven't seen him this happy in a while. It makes me happy. He leans in and gives me a short kiss.

"I have you to thank, baby. You kept me in line, didn't let me overdo it and ruin my knee permanently. What would I do without you?" He says sweetly.

"Not sure what I would do without you either, Nashy." I tell him and cuddle closer.

"I just feel like everything is finally all good. I have my baby and I can start playing Lacrosse," He says and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"And now we can figure out what universities we're going to apply to in the fall," I reply and I draw random patterns on his chest.

"I can't fucking wait for our future together, it's going to be amazing." He tells me and our lips meet once again in a soft kiss.

9:00pm.

Nash and I are still in my room but we're doing homework and have music blasting. For some people that might be distracting but for Nash and I, it actually helps us focus. My phone vibrates next to me and I pick it up, it's Matt.

Matt- Carter just told me something and I'm not happy at all about it. Can we talk?

I turn off the music and Nash looks up at me from his homework.

"What's up?" he asks me.

"Matt wants to talk about the Carter thing I guess," I reply and I press the call button. Matt picks up immediately.

"I need your advice, Cam." He says, and I can hear in his voice how sad he is. I feel so bad for my friend, I know what it feels like when things are going wrong in your relationship. It sucks.

"Talk to me," I tell him simply.

"Carter just told me he took this freshman, Maggie, out on a date to appease his parents. He didn't even tell me anything about it. I know... I know he loves me and we're together but, he's bisexual and I know he finds girls attractive. What if they spend more time together and he wants her instead? I know how his parents are, I can't be mad for him doing it. But I'm upset that he didn't ask me about it first. And he picked such a pretty girl too. Like he actually took her back to his house and I don't know, it just fucking sucks." He says rambling and moving from thought to thought.

"Matt, listen to me," I say calmly. "You have to be secure in your relationship with Carter. You know him better than I do, but I see the way he looks at you. He looks at you like you're the only person in his universe. He only did it so that your relationship could be safe. His parents would probably ban him from seeing you if they found out you guys are together."

He sighs. "You're right. You're so fucking right, Cameron. I'm so glad to have you as my best friend, you keep my feet on the ground and my head out of the clouds. Thanks, bro. I hate to use you and then leave but I'm going to go to Carter. I sort of said some things that I regret and he probably feels like shit right now. I need to make up with him."

"No worries, dude. Go be happy," I say, smiling a little. We say our goodbyes and hang up. Nash is looking at me and I shrug at him.

"You're a good friend, baby." He says and I blush. I can't control my blush whenever Nash compliments me. I turn the music back on and we return to doing our homework.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

December is a whirl of events. The annual winter play occurs and of course I'm part of it. I am so happy to see Nash sitting in the front row, cheering for me and yelling my name. I'm not even embarrassed at all of the attention he puts on me, just happy he supports me. The holidays are amazing. My family and his celebrate it together and it's honestly the best Christmas I've ever had. Nash and I exchange gifts, I got him an N to go along with his C on his chain and he got me a C to go along with the N on my chain. We didn't even plan that out, it's actually really cool that it worked out that way.

8:00pm.

Today is Nash's birthday party and we're actually having it at the cabin. It's a little cooler now but the weather is still nice. I'm making sure the backyard is perfectly decorated, Nash is in the bedroom getting dressed. It's supposed to start at 8:30, Nash, Carter, Matt and I arrived last night to set everything up. It's not going to be a big party, just our close friends and their dates. Nash also invited Kian, which doesn't bother me at all, I know Nash is mine and only mine.

Nash comes outside and pulls me towards him.

"Mmm, you look good Cam," he murmurs in my ear and presses a soft kiss there and another one a little further down my neck. My eyes flutter shut as Nash lifts his head and presses his lips against mine.

"Alright love birds, none of that tonight. We bout to get turnt up. You can do all of that later," Matt says and I pull away from Nash to see him stepping out onto the deck. I can hear cars start to pull into the driveway and doors slam shut. We cleared most of the furniture in the living room and set up air mattresses for our friends to crash on. We don't want anyone drinking and driving or having to stay sober to drive and missing out on the fun.

It doesn't take long for the party to be underway. Everyone who was invited is here, we have the music going and drinks are flowing. We have snacks and stuff laid out on a buffett table and there's a small dance area set up on the grass. Nash and I are currently cuddling on the futon, I'm halfway on his lap. Our friends surround us and I feel so content and happy. Nothing could ruin this moment.

"Nash, hi... happy birthday man. Sorry I'm late, we got lost on the way here." I look up and see Kian standing there, I forgot he was supposed to come.

"Nah it's cool, bro." Nash replies casually and takes a gulp of the Mike's Hard Lemonade he has in his hand. "Make yourself comfortable. Everyone this is Kian, he was a close friend of mine and he's moving back to the area. He's actually going attend our school starting the new semester, so be nice."

Kian smiles gratefully and steps to the side. It's only then that I see Sam Pottorff. He was standing behind Kian and he has an unsure look on his face.

"Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce you guys. This is my date, Sam..." Kian says, smiling at us.

There's an uncomfortable silence after that, only the music can be heard.

What the fuck is he doing here?

A/N- So I'm working on another Cash story as well. I'm trying to get a few chapters written before I publish it so be on the look out for that! Follow me to be notified when I post the new story! <3