Chapter 43

~Y/N POV~

It felt like hours, sitting alone in this bed. Apart from when a nurse came in to check on me and prop the back of my bed up so I was sitting up and then she left.

But just waiting for Jimin to come back and tell me that a nurse would be on her way with my baby girl. She's the only good thing going on right now.

As scared as I am for Jungkook, I have to stay strong for my baby so I can hold her in my arms for the first time and be the mother I need to be for her until her father gets better.

Oh just thinking about him tears me up inside.

But I wiped away my tears when I heard a faint knock on the door.

There stood Jimin, popping his head through the door, baring a small smile on his face.

"Good I was just checking in case you fell asleep." Jimin

Shaking my head I could only smile back.

"No, I don't need to sleep."

Jimin stepped inside and then waved at someone to come in after him. A nurse.

Blonde hair tied in a bun, traditional nurse uniform but she wasn't my main focus, it was the small bundle of joy in the small bed she was pushing into the room. It was like she was moving in slow motion, but yet so quickly.

She stopped by the bed next to me, placing her hands around the plastic surrounding my daughter. All I could do was peer down at her, swaddled in a pink blanket decorated with pink flowers.

"Would you like to hold her Miss Park?" Nurse

I nodded at her eagerly, sitting back and ready to take her when the nurse chuckled at me but carefully picked up my baby in her arms and settled her down into mine that were already waiting for her.

"I'll just leave you all to it." Nurse

"Thank you." Jimin

I didn't pay attention nor look away from my baby. She was even smaller in my arms than from the bed, sleeping peacefully. I just wanted her to open her eyes so I could see them, just once but I don't want to disturb her. Instead I softly ran my fingers through her black hair, sticking up at the top of her head. Then ran my finger down her nose and to her lips. Taking in every part of her facial features.

She has my lips, my nose too from what I can tell. But the hair must be from Jungkook's side because I was apparently a baldie when I was born. Her little puffy cheeks were to die for that I just wanted to poke at them constantly but again I didn't want to wake her up.

Smoothing my finger along the shape of her ear, I think she has Jungkook's ears but she started to wriggle a little bit in my arms. Scrunching up her nose and opening her mouth. I thought she was going to wake up but instead she yawns. And I melted.

Never did I think I would love such a thing in my life.

This girl is my world and will remain the centre of it for the rest of my life. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her.

In the background I heard Jimin coming closer and in the corner of my eyes I saw him sit in the chair next to my bed, saying nothing and allowing me this moment with my daughter.

"She's beautiful."

I whispered and again she wriggled in my arms against her blanket that wrapped her up tight. So I just eased the fabric a little more looser around her to move some more and her tiny hands popped out the top of the blanket close to her face.

I took this moment to place my finger in her tiny palm but she instantly closed her fingers around mine.

Then, just when I didn't think I could melt any more than I was, she opened her eyes. Blinking to the irritable light above her, eyes wondering around her surroundings until they land on my face. Opening and closing her mouth as she stares at me but held the firm hold on my finger.

But I couldn't look away from her eyes. She doesn't have mine. She has his, her fathers eyes.

If only he could see her but when he wakes up, can talk or not. As long as he's conscious I will make sure he meets her.

"Hey there little one, it's me. Your mom."

I spoke her in, just in the world between mother and daughter that I have developed in this moment. She only blinks at me slowly and I swear I just wanted to smother her in my love, keep her close and never let go.

"Just wait until your dad meets you. Your going to be his whole world I swear it."

I tried not to cry, but it was hard not to. Recalling the way Jungkook would speak highly about the way he would dote on his daughter and how much he already loved her before she was born, came flooding back. He only admitted this to me days ago. It never left my mind since.

"Hey Y/n??" Jimin

I hummed at him, not taking my eyes off the most beautiful thing in the world.

"What's her name? I don't know if you or Jungkook came up with one yet, but do you have one in mind now that she's here?" Jimin

Frowning I tried to think of something, anything that would suit her. But one name rings a bell, and even if I wasn't sure about it before, I think it's suiting for her now.

"Joy. Her name is Jeon Joy."