Chapter 37

~Y/N POV~

It was finally date night with Jungkook and to begin with I was nervous even if I had nothing to be nervous about. But as soon as I seen Jungkook waiting for me in the living room for our date, all bright smiles I felt immediately at ease with him just like any other day. It was all just natural to be so at ease with him and all my nerves and worries went away that moment I laid eyes on him.

Jimin pretended to give a curfew and give Jungkook some rules but no one took him seriously, I mean how could you when you're threatened with sausage in your hand?

You can't be taken seriously.

Just like planned for our date it was a simple meal out, noting fancy because I don't like fancy dates, I'm more like that causal type of gal for dates.

Of course while we ate we talked and joked like we always do. Somehow we always have something to talk about and I was just glad that it wasn't about his soon to be ex wife for once. Although during the meal I did notice that Jungkook was no longer wearing his wedding ring anymore. Once before he would refuse to take that thing off but now, you never see him wear it and I'm thrilled to see he's not. I even over heard him talking to his lawyer earlier today about the process of his divorce but I haven't mentioned anything because I feel like if wanted me to know anything about it, he'll tell me. It's not place to go sticking my nose in that when it's between him and Nayeon.

I was just glad to see Jungkook looking so happy and actually having a good time for once in a long time. He didn't seem stressed or anything like that.

When we were done eating Jungkook suggested taking me somewhere new, somewhere we can have a little walk and have a view at the same time.

He drove us across town to this little beach which was very shallow. I haven't been here before but we were here just in time for the sun setting and the reflection was hitting the calm ocean in front of us giving off this warm atmosphere. It was really nice here.

Walking hand in hand along the sand towards the edge of this little shallow beach did we just speak about the old time when we were growing up. It's not something we have ever spoken about but it was interesting to hear his side of the story as I know mine all too well.

"You were very obvious you know." Jungkook

"Obvious about what?"

I laughed lightly not having a clue what he was talking about.

"You having a crush on me. I knew since the day I met you." Jungkook

I stopped walking and turned to him surprised.

"You knew? How?"

Jungkook shrugged, tilting his head to the side but with that amused glint in his eyes.

"It was kind of hard to not notice the bright red cheeks and constant stuttering every time you spoke to me and let's not forget that you couldn't even look me in the eyes and if you remember correctly, you spilled your sprite all over my brand new jeans." Jungkook

He pointed out and laughed to himself but I just groaned, feeling embarrassed that happened and I actually forgot that happened too. I tried so hard to not let him notice that I liked him like that but I was so wrong and painfully obvious.

"I was eight okay?! Get off my back!"

I pouted, kicking some sand off my shoe. Jungkook giggled, cupping my cheeks to force me too look up at him.

"It was funny. Well at the time about my jeans I didn't think it was but now looking back I do." Jungkook

I groaned again, closing my eyes to the shame. But when he pecked the tip of my nose I opened my eyes again surprised by his actions and he let go of my face just to take my hand again so we could begin walking along the sand once again.

"It's pretty funny if you think about it." Jungkook

"What's pretty funny?"

Jungkook gave me a side glance but then returned his gaze to the front of us.

"That your dreams would come true and get your dream man." Jungkook

Wiggling his brows at me I scoffed and pushed him back as he laughed at me.

"But no seriously. If you look back I don't think neither one of us would of thought we would end up being where we are now with each other." Jungkook

I have to agree with him on that one. Sure I had a massive crush on him but always thought of him as untouchable, off limits and something that would never happen. Now look at us, we're on a date and I'm pregnant with his baby. Its pretty hard to imagine.

"That's true I guess. If you were to of told me two years ago this is where we would be now I would of told you, you were insane."

Jungkook hummed, both of us coming to a stop once again. So close to the water, just inches from our feet, not that I can see much of my feet due to my bump in the way. But when I looked up at Jungkook he was busy gazing up to the sky, watching the sun set beyond the buildings of the city, watching that warm glow slowly disappear.

All I could do was stare at this beautiful side profile. His sharp jawline, doe like eyes and dark long hair that was brushed back off his forehead. He truly is handsome, more than he thinks he is.

"You know..." Jungkook

He begins, cutting me from my thoughts to pay attention but he continues to look up at the sky.

"I knew I always liked you more than I should since the day I married Nayeon. My wedding day if I remember correctly." Jungkook

"H-Huh?"

Jungkook chuckles, removing his sights from the sky to turn towards me, taking my other hand in his.

"My wedding day. I knew I had some sort of infatuation with you when I saw you in your dress, your backless dress may I add. That was the first time I actually looked at you like the woman you are and realised just how beautiful you really are." Jungkook

"Really?"

He hummed and nodded.

"Yep. Nayeon noticed which is why she was never really too fond of you because she knew in some way or another I would of preferred you over her. I had known you longer, had some sort of connection with you long before she came along and now I was feeling something towards you I knew I shouldn't of on that day." Jungkook

Looking into his eyes I saw nothing but honesty so I took this moment to think back to his wedding. I may have hated that day but I guess there was something's that were odd about it too.

"Is this why Nayeon was rude to me when I spoke to her?"

He nodded.

"Is that why you got drunk, so drunk that Jimin and Taehyung had to carry you back to your hotel room?"

He nodded again, sighing this time to look down to his feet.

"Yeah. I felt guilty towards my new wife that I  made it so obvious but also because I realised my mistake. It was too late to turn back so I forced myself to stay with her and convince myself I still loved her. It only took until this..." Jungkook

Gently did he place his hands to my bump, caressing carefully with care but admiration in his eyes as he looks down to my stomach.

"To make me realise even more that I was making a stupid mistake in not pursuing my true feelings towards the one person I desired to be with the most, you." Jungkook

His words hit me hard and I found myself quickly grabbing the side of his face just to pull him close to me and smash my lips to his. Jungkook was taken back at first but responded quick enough to sneak his hands around my waist, pulling my flush against him and kissed me back our lips moulding together in perfect sync until I chose to pull away first but pressed our foreheads together.

"Well you have me now."

"That I do Park Y/n. You're mine."Jungkook