Chapter 46

~Y/N POV~

Pushing the front door open I stepped inside carrying the bags of groceries. Two bags in each hand and closed the door behind me using my foot. It was my turn to do the shopping anyway and everyone either at their own homes or work to get to today.

Heading to the kitchen I stopped mid step when it finally dawned on me that this house was too quiet.

Jungkook should be home.

I left him at home with joy since he insisted he would be okay alone with her. Stating he wanted quality father daughter bonding time which I'm sure is partly true but I can't help but think it's partly because he thinks he'll be a bother to come to the shop with me alone without anyone else there to help him get in and out his wheelchair.

Turning walking into the living room I came to halt when Jungkooks wheelchair was on the floor beside the corner wall next to the stairs. It laid on its side with the left wheel bent.

But where the hell was Jungkook?!

Out of panic I ran to the kitchen and dumped the bags in the counter. Not caring what fell out and ran out to head straight to the downstairs bedroom I've been sharing with Jungkook since he came home.

Bursting through the bedroom door, scared and panicked all at once my eyes desperately searched the room.

But all I saw was joy soundly sleeping in her bassinet.

I walked up to her and watched her breathing softly as she sleep. Her little hands above her head in fists and blanket around her waist which I pulled up a little more to her chest.

Only did I frown when I saw half a bottle of milk rolled to the side of her head.

I picked it up to place it on the drawer beside me.

It still felt warm.

Where the hell is Jungkook?

Looking around the room it was quiet and empty.

That's when I heard it.

Some shuffling sounds coming from the bathroom.

I stood there in wait in case it's Jungkook in there and was using the bathroom but at the same time he's still not fully healed. There's only so much he can do on his legs and stand for so long.

With that thought I moved to the bathroom door and yanked it open but to what I saw almost broke me.

Jungkook curled up in a ball sitting between the bath tub and the toilet.

His head jolted up to look back at me after I opened the door and his face was red and puffy with tears streaming down his face and quivering lip.

"Y/n." Jungkook

His little voice came out like a little scared boy and I melted just to rush over to him and sit down on my knees in front of him just to bring him into my embrace which he welcomes.

His good arm folds around my back to press as much of him into me as he could as he buried his face into the crook of my neck as he cried even more.

I've never seen him so distressed that it hurt me just to see him in such a state. It scared and concerned me but I couldn't help but wonder what happened for him to break down like this.

Soothingly I rubbed his back and adjusted my sitting position to sit on the tiled floor with my butt but Jungkook didn't dare let me go and for his sake as well as mine I didn't want him to. I just held him as he cried into me and we stayed like that until eventually his sobs started to die down but his breathing was still uneven but harsh.

"Jungkook? W-What happened?"

I had to ask him but I was unsure if I should the moment the question spilled from my mouth.

Jungkook just shutters in my arms and pressed the side of his face to my chest and I took the chance to smoothly run my fingers through his hair.

"I-I'm...I'm usel-less." Jungkook

His words broke me all the more and that kind of gave me an impression to what could of happened. Jungkook is a stubborn and independent guy. Not being able to do much would hurt him in many ways.

"You're not useless. Please don't say that."

Jungkook tore himself from me to look at me angrily.

"I am! I can b-barely do sh-shit!! FUCK!! I can hardly t-t-talk!!" Jungkook

His fists shot up to his head and he started to pound on himself while muttering words I couldn't quite grasp. Seeing him this way I started to tear up all the more but I just grabbed his wrists and tore them away from his head so he couldn't hit himself any more.

"Jungkook stop! Please stop."

I entwined our fingers on both hands so I could control what he would do with his hands from now on but Jungkook just looked down at the floor, closing his eyes as he cried again.

"I can't look a-after Joy. I c-can't be the d-d-dad she needs." Jungkook

"But you are her father no matter what Jungkook. All this is just temporary."

He just shook his head, sniffing back his tears with his eyes still closed.

"There was a bottle in Joy's bed. Did you give that to her?"

Jungkook nods but still doesn't look up at me.

"How did that happen Jungkook if you can't look after her by yourself?"

He sniffs again but opening his eyes to stare down at the tiles.

"I-I gave it t-to her." Jungkook

"How Jungkook? Tell me how?"

I asked him with a firm voice even if inside I was still dying to see him hurting so much.

"I walked." Jungkook

He whispered and even if I heard him I supressed my smile showing my pride in him and asked him again.

"You what?"

"I walked." Jungkook

He spoke louder and this time looked up to meet my gaze but this time I showed him my smile through my tears.

"See. You can do it. Just because you're in a wheelchair now doesn't affect your abilities to be Joy's father Jungkook. Like I said before it's temporary and you're getting better every day."

Letting go of one hand I cupped his cheek which he leans into, closing his eyes for a couple seconds to open again while taking deep breaths as if to calm down.

"Jungkook, Joy may not know it now but when she is older she will know just how lucky she is to have you as her dad. You saved her life as well as mine and there is nothing in the world that I can do to show you how much I appreciate you because of that."

By the second Jungkook's face becomes blank as he stares at me without even blinking or moving an inch.

"And because of that I would stay right by your side every step of the way. This is just a bump in the road and we'll get through this together as a family. You're not alone and just know that I love you."

With that said I made the brave move to gently kiss him on the lips and to my surprise he kissed me back.

This is all just a blip that will pass by as our life goes on but one thing for sure is that Jungkook needs to know that he is not useless but that he means so much more than he realises.

He's the man that has stolen my heart.