Chapter 42

~Y/N POV~

A large gasp of air leaves me, resulting in my eyes shooting open wide, just to blink constantly to the bright lights above me, adjusting to the light.

It took a moment before I could see properly, the white ceiling above and the constant beeping from a machine close by.

Am I in the hospital?

"Y/n!"

Hearing my name from a familiar voice I managed to turn my head to the right of me, now to see my brother Jimin sitting closely, in a chair. Messy hair and eyes red and puffy but he had dark circles under his eyes too.

"J-Jimin."

My voice coming out croaky and a little dry. But Jimin nodded, blinking away his tears and took my hand in his.

"You're at the hospital Y/n. Do you remember what happened?" Jimin

Squinting my eyes at him I took a extra moment to try and think back on why I would even be here. Thinking hard it made my head hurt a little bit but my eyes widen when I suddenly remembered. Panic and fear grew inside of me, thinking about Jungkook and if he was okay. I tried to push myself up to sit up but I felt this sharp jap across my abdomen making me wince in pain and Jimin to push me back down by the shoulders, now standing up and shaking his head.

"No don't get up Y/n. There's things I need to tell you." Jimin

I didn't pay attention to what exactly he said, I was too busy staring at my now flat stomach, hands moving down to where my bump would be.

"My baby? Jimin where is my baby?!"

Grabbing my wrist I squeezed him tight, scared that something awful has happened to my baby girl. First Jungkook and now my daughter, I cant.....no I wont be able to live with myself if I lost both of them.

"Calm down Y/n. Let me explain okay?" Jimin

"Where's my daughter Jimin?!"

"She's alive Y/n." Jimin

I sunk down back into the bed the very moment that relief washed over me, knowing the fact she's alive.

"Thank god. Is she okay? Where is she? Can I see her?"

Jimin nodded, placing a smile to his face.

"She's very healthy. Born a couple weeks early but she's very well. Yoongi and the girls are with her now so she's not alone." Jimin

"Good, good tha- wait is everyone here?"

Jimin nods again, sitting back down on the chair beside me slowly.

"Yeah. Everyone is here, even Hoseok but he's with Jin in the canteen right now. Minho was hungry." Jimin

I cracked a smile much wider than before. My baby was alright, my family and friends are here I almost felt like I could relax but not fully when I remember what happened to Jungkook.

"What about Jungkook? How is he?"

I was scared to ask but I had to know. I just had to but when Jimin's smile dropped, disappearing from his face I knew it wasn't good but its not like I expected it to be good news.

"Ah, well you see..." Jimin

When he dragged on his words, looking down at the ground not even daring to look me in the eyes it made me worry so much more, trying to push myself back up but Jimin gasped, and pushed me back down.

"Y/n don't do that. Just relax." Jimin

"How can I relax? Tell me what happened to Jungkook, is he dead?"

His eyes widen, jaw dropped but yet he shook his head and again I was relieved for the second time since I woke up.

"Hes not dead just unconscious still." Jimin

I frowned at him.

"Still? Just how long was I out for?"

"Just over night but Jungkook's condition is more complicated. He had a nasty knock to the head so they think it may take him some time to learn to speak again due to where his injury was on the brain." Jimin

All colour drained from my face, tears brimming in the corner of my eyes.

"It's hard to tell right now but they believe he will have a full recovery though Y/n which is good. It could of been a lot worse." Jimin

I nodded but that didn't stop the tears that began to fall down my cheeks. Jungkook saved my life by pushing me out the way of that car that came out of nowhere but not only my life but our daughters too.

"Is there anything else that's wrong with him? There has to be right?"

Jimin nodded sadly, again looking down to the floor.

"Yes but it's not as major as the head injury. A broken hip and arm but the doctor said that should heal up nicely and after some physio therapy he should be alright by this time next year or even sooner." Jimin

Jimin may be trying to look on the bright side of Jungkook's condition but I cant help but think what he's going to go through until he gets better. But no matter what life will through his way or our way from now on I will be right by his side helping him through it. It's the least I can do. I love him too much to leave him either way.

"By the way, would you like to meet your daughter? I can ask one of the nurses now that you're awake but I'm sure the doctor will want to have a chat with you too." Jimin

I nodded eagerly, a bright smile to the mention of my daughter.

"I would love you meet her!"

Jimin chuckled, standing up from his chair, placing a kiss to my forehead and then leaving the room to call a nurse in the hallway. My thoughts may be filled with sadness for Jungkook but the other thought of my daughter brings joy to me. I cant wait to see her and finally see what she looks like. Just to hold her in my arms would be just what I needed right now.