Chapter 57- Numb

Shawn POV

Its officially 2005. I had finally settled into my position as CEO of Def Jam and I had alot to deal with. I didn't no what direction the company was headed into but I knew the direction I want to go. With Roca Wear taking of to a pretty good start and everything falling into placewas making me happier.

However there will always be some slick shit floating around. Taking over Def Jam means facing enemies & my greatest secret enemy would be LL Cool J. Although we never did much slick talking towards eachother we still had an ongoing beef. He was pretty cool and opinionated when ever he spoke about Bey and I knew was a trick to crawl up my skin.

Since coming into the office I had changed up a little bit the working area. I hated uptight people, I want people to feel comfortable and alot less relaxed towards me. Me dealing with Def Jam didn't mean I would stop my Roc Nation. It only meant I was getting started.

I had a meeting to be set up with Dame Dash. We were going to discuss our Roca Wear ideas for this fall and winter. Since last year he and I had made an agreement to take the company worldwide.

Furthermore, he has been easing up of me since he met some girl name Rachel Roy who's working as an intern at our clothing company.

As for Bey and I we are starting to struggling a bit. Since the concert we've been making these drive by meetings with eachother. While I'm stationed in NYC she is all about in LA, ATL and Houston. We didn't even get to spend New Years day together. Like I was assure of slowly her career would be top priority.

Beyonce POV

This year is gonna be a rollercoaster. I am just trying to live one day at a time and let the good Lord decide for me. DC3 has been working effortlessly on our up and coming world tour. I am super excited to put this tour behind me and all the drama that I predicated will come with it.

The group, my acting career and my family have been burdening down and its taken a toll on my relationship with Jay. I kind of enjoy the distractions between Jay and I because now I can focus my next solo album.

I finally recieved both parts for my new movies Pink Panther and Dream Girls. Indeed I am excited about it and can't wait for the world to see.

Right now, I am in LA preparing for our tour. Lately, theer has been no drama between the girls and I. Speaking about Jay and I, I have decided to take it slow between him and I. Although we were together, we weren't doing the things we usually do.

Since he got his CEO position he has been working in signing a few new artists. Currently, there are two females he has retrieved for the Def Jam label, Rihanna and Tierra. Although I haven't met them I have seen pictures of them and they are both very pretty.

My father has been working overtime to paint a picture of an affair with Jay and both girls but I stood my ground and try to avoid. However, Jay's friend Dame was enjoying it. Rumors of Jay and his newly signed artist Rihanna was slowly making its way around the media cycle but I didn't want to believe it.

The sound of Lose My Breath echoed throughout the dance studio in LA. Frank, Kelly, Michelle and I have been working effortlessly to bring our tour together. The vision I had for the tour was individuality through unity. I wanted all of us to shine and stand out: individuality no matter what.

Our costumes were going to be on point and we were gonna rock the stage.

"Lets try it one more time, from the top." Frank said as we held our positions.

"5, 6, 7, 8..... 1 & 2 & 3 & 4.. 5, 6, 7, 8." DC3 counted in unision.

"Excellent ladies. Its after 2 in the morning so we'll get some rest and meet back up here at 9." Frank said as we started packing up our belongings.

Kelly and I have been avoiding eachother lately and I didn't no why. She didn't want to talk about her actions and I wasn't pushing her to. I had finally agreed to let DC3 depart their own ways and I thought it would be just what we needed.

Shawn POV

Finding new talents for the label has been challenging. My friend Jay Brown and Emory have brought in two girls that I thought would be molded into entertainers. Along with them, I had discovered a few rappers that could potentially produce hits. My only fear of having these female artists brought out is what it might do to my relationship.

Bey and I haven't seen eachother in a while. Whenever we did, it was a little kisses here and there, she would sleep over and then she will be gone. Even though she would have 3 days of or so she would still dedicated that to work and it was pissing me of.

Since she wasn't around I spent more time with Dame. Although my friend TY didnt approve of it I had to do something to make me happy. Tonight we decided to hit up the  club and I was all into it. Soberly I knew that I had to be very careful of what was happening because the minute I was caught slipping things would break loose and it would be the end.

After I was done at the office I head home to do a quick change. After changing I headed straight to the club. Everyone you could of thought about was there. My newly signed artists Tierra, Rihanna, Dame, Kanye, Rachel and a few other persons that came for the fun. After hailing everyone in the VIP section I head to my seat and started ordering drinks.

"Hov! What up man?" My friend Dame said.

"What up Dame? You fucking around tonight?"

"Man I'm fucking everybody tonight!"

"Hahaha.. Shit. So who you with?"

"I'm with all. Me and Rachel getting there and yo' girl Rihanna she ain't acting your age. And I am not gonna stop her from doing what she wants."

"Dame! Becareful. These girls might be willing but they young."

"You should've known that when your girl Beyonce was around."

"What she gotta do with it?"

"Look man. I'm just saying. She ain't thinking about your needs. She off somewhere doing her thing and you here just sitting down with all a these bitches around. Look at your girl Rihanna, she ready for anything to fuck right now."

"Dame. Relax I got me Bey."

"You got your Bey but wait until she aint here and you ass tipsy. You gonna wake up with one of these women in your bed and your pants down and they naked... I gotta go. Me and Rach gonna fuck. My dick don't have a time frame." Dame said taking his drink and ciger in his hands.

After the party finished I headed home. Dame left with Rachel and only God knows if he tagged Rihanna along. Ty and I left early since I had to be in the office early and TY was flying over to be with his son. I reached home around 2 in the morning and I had to re-think every Dame said. Although Dame was my bestfriend he was also going to be the one that was gonna cause Bey & I relationship to start falling apart.

I woke up the next day a little bit restless. Its already March and in the next few months Def Jam new artists that I signed will be performing for the first time at the BET Awards as a tribute to DC. I was excited because all of the ladies are huge fans of Beyonce & I knew it would be perfect for them to meet her.

Before I get started with anyone of the artists I wanted to take a time out with them and let them meet Beyonce which would be a great deal for them since see is the map that every up and coming artists should follow.

Since last night, I have been trying to reach Beyonce but yet again there was no reply. It was becoming a bit fucked up in my mind so I decided to take a trip to LA to see exactly whats been going on.