Chapter 41- Baby 21 So I'll Get Me A Drink

Shawn POV

The beat from 2Pacs 'Me and My Girlfriend' rang through the studio like it was doing for the pass few weeks. I still hadn't gotten the perfect message I wanted to get out but I had an idea that would be a bit risky. The idea of having a modern 'Bonnie and Clyde' meaning to it refused to escaped my mind and Beyonce was the only one who I kept seeing with me on the song.

The idea of her on the track refused to leave my mind. It might be a bit risky to chance a song together since we didn't want our relationship public but it would be good for the both of us to spend time together because with the promotional interviews and having to peform meant we would spend alot of time together.

A smile came across my face as the idea of doing the song all came together. It would benefit us collectively. It would also give her a jumpstart to get her solo career. Additionally she will be 21 soon so it makes it perfectly fine for us to be comfortable with eachother.

Beyonce POV

Its officially my birthday and I am finally 21. Although I am finally able to make my own decisions and legally enjoy alcohol I still didn't want to stray away from my tradition and standards.

All night until 12:30 Jay kept me up laughing and giggling just to be the first one to wish me happy birthday. I told him my plans and he was okay with it. My gift from him arrived early to my account yesterday. Since he wasn't gonna be there he decided to contribute financially. Although Jay and I were well paid he still felt the need to help.

When I got to my account I was blown away. It had just been transfer 10,000$. My entire party didn't cost that much and for now I didn't the need the money. So I decided to open up another account that would be sealed away from my father for my personal savings.

I woke up around 8 am to loud whistles, screaming, and hollering. In my hotelroom were bodies rushing back and forth screaming "Happy Birthday Bey." Kelly and Michelle were jumping on my bed and my sister Solange and cousin Angie were all blowing party horns.

"Happy Birthday Beyonce! They all yelled coming over my face to plant kisses.

"Bey you finally 21. Alcohol and parties are finally avaliable to you." Kelly said. She has been anticipating this day since she's turned 21; so her and I can go clubbing together and enjoy drinks.

"Thank you guys so much. Yall are so ghetto. Only could've been from the south." I said crawling out of bed.

"Bey? Not to start of day wrong but dad wants to talk to you afterwards." Solange said handing me a gift.

"Okay. Hey Solo... Can you give us a few minutes please. I promise you after we're done I will call you back."

"Okay no problem I'll just go and hail my boyfriend." She said heading towards the door.

"So what you gonna do Bey?" My cousin Angie said breaking the silence.

"All I gotta say to Bey is your father control's your money, your career, basically your life. You need to be strong and work on your happiness and what you want. If that man brings you joy then you need to stick with him. Fuck your dad's opinion. If you and Jay want eachother then you need to tell your father." Kelly said getting upset.

"Look Bey, I agree with Kelly. You don't need to work and be so successful with your career that you miss out on your love life. Just draw a line between your father and your manager, your life and your career." Michelle said.

"Bey I know you want to keep your relationship private and its good. But don't throw away what Jay and You have. Thats been the most organic and realest thing that you've had since your career. Thats what keeps you happy outside of this industry and I think he is the perfect fit for you. Not only for your personality but your career as well because he already no how this fucked up industry works and if he loves you personally then he'll protect you no matter what." Angie said.