Chapter 10- Independent Woman

"Yo let me check this real quick." Rodney said leaving the recording studio.

Jay and I watched as Rodney exited the studio. The feeling in the room became awkward as I started to survey how nervous I was making a gangsta feel. I knew he was pissed of at hearing about the collaberation but I didn't no why?

"So should I follow through with the feature?" I said releasing the silence from the atmosphere.

He raised his eyebrows at me as he shifted his weight to one foot.

"Honestly, I don't want you do it because that man has a bad connection onto him at the moment however it would be good for your career, you get to experience another side." He finally said looking me straight in the eyes.

"But what does me recording a song has do with his personally life?"

"Nothing, however persons will involve you if something pops of. Record just incase something smooths over but I would make sure your team is with you. 50 don't really have respect for anyone."

A smile came across my face as I caught onto what was really bothering him. "So you don't think I can handle myself?"

"You a little to friendly ma'. People gonna take that kindness and use it for their own gain. So either you put you sassiness from you moves and actions into your words or you gonna let people crawl over you." He said tilting his head to the side.

"Thanks For Warning!"

"Anytime, so since your not working on personal records for now why you don't focus on working with other artists. I saw a sneak peek of that video you will soon be in."

"You sure do get around dont you uh? And what makes you think I don't have something up my sleeves already?"

"You're here today. Our convo in the phone was real so I knew you were free. Speaking of free are you busy Friday?"

"Nope but I won't be going out with you anywhere!" I said putting an end to whatever his plans would've been.

"Wow! That was beyond harshed."

The room filled with awkward silence as Jay stared at the floor in disbelief. I started to feel guilty knowing he opened up to me so much the other night.

"We are friends and thats it. I don't want to be mistaken for something else by one of your girlfriends so I have to decline. It has nothing to do with whats going on in your mind." I finally said trying to ease my words out.

"First of all I don't have girlfriends. I had one and thats it. I have a few girls who come around everyone once in a while and thats all so don't get my shit twisted."

"I'm sorry for getting your shit twisted but I can't thats all."

Rodney finally walked into room easing out the awkward tension that was going on with Jay & I. As he went to take a seat JayZ moved from his spot and left the room. Not wanting to address what was going on I decided to jump right into what I came for.

Rodney played me the track that was sent over to the studio. The song was called "Thug Love", I actually started to feel the song and signed the agreement to be featured on it. After I left the studio I agreed to meet up with the other girls to discuss a few plans for our next single.

Apparently Farrah had other dealings so she couldn't make it with us. So we just held the meeting amongst the three of us. As we sat around a table in the middle of the resturant all eyes were on us making me feel a bit uncomfortable. So I started to play with my hair trying to ease my shy-ness.

"How's everyone doing?"I spoke as I started hold the menu in the resturant.

"We're good Bey, but you might wanna be aware of a storm thats coming?" Kelly replied.