Chapter 31- The Way We Talk, The Way We Laugh

The smell of Radox bath products filled the hotel bathroom. I add bubble bath, rubbing alcohol and the radox bath salt which was the perfect compliment to the hot water that was running in the tub. My anticipation for this day was at an all time high. I walked down to the grocery store down the street and bought brand new products. The smell of dove against my skin made me feel some type of way. I wanted to have my natural scent over the top for our first date because I was allegric to perfume.

Jay and I date was schedule for 8 but he decided on taking me by the Brooklyn Bridge so he would get me at 7. I haven't stopped smiling since I woke up. He was so nervous for tonight that he didn't bother to call. I knew us being alone with just eachother would create butterfly because lastnight when he popped up at my room I wanted to crawl under a rock.

I stepped in the hot boiling water and eased my body down. As my body became fully wet I started gliding the new bar of dove soap all around me. I did this for about 4 times until I felt fresh and clean. It was only 5pm but I knew what all I wanted to do so I had arrange my time early. Jay wanted us to be on time, so I had to get a jump start.

I hopped out the tub after 30 minutes being in there. I looked at the time and it was 5:15. I wrapped my bath towel around my damp body as I brushed my teeth; doing the same routine about 5 time, I then rinse and wash it out again. My hair was already done from this morning so a few curls here and there might  be needed. Although we had our makeup artist and stylist I didn't bother calling either, I didn't want them up in my business or them spilling their beans to my parents.

I sat in a chair directly in front of the mirror in the bathroom. I started applying lotion everywhere. Afterwards I slipped on my brand new lingere, an all black lace thong set with a match bra that had small bows in the middle. Although Jay couldn't get me out my underwear until marriage was in our plans I still didn't want to feel so young and full of inexperienced.

Shawn POV

"Jay what about something a little more casual, yet gangsta?" My stylist June said as she watched me paced back and forth. I was feeling nervous about the whole situation because for the first time in my life I am going out on an actual date with someone that I hadn't explore sexually. It was nerve wrecking because now its the other way around.

"Jay? Whats the matter with you?"

"Nothing I wanna be myself but I also wanna look decent and formal."

"Okay so lets go for a white tee, baggy pants, timberlands and we top it of with a coat from the tuxedo." She said as she laid it down one by one.

"Okay that sounds alot better & more accurate to me."

"Okay then lets get you ready. So you gonna tell me who's the woman thats got you doing all of this?"

"Nope, not at all."

"Wow. Mr. Carter are you finally settling down?" June said with her eyes widening

"After years and months of them being on the phone I think its time." My friend Ty said as he came into the room assuring me he booked the reservation.

"Everything good now? Like you sure everything is good. We can enter into the back and no one will see us?" I said as I moved my legs up and down.

"Hov, relax your nerves you haven't been this nervous since you had to do your first stage performance." He said handing me a napkin.

"Look I'm not nervous okay! I am just a bit out of my comfort zone. I am used to just having sex with someone and then taking them around the corner to eat pizza or get some fried chicken. Now I have to dress decent and wine and dine." I said as June handed me my pants.