-𝙇𝙤𝙠𝙞 𝙇𝙖𝙪𝙛𝙚𝙮𝙨𝙤𝙣-

I Like Her

           Your mood today has sunken as your mother tells you of her surprise

           Your mood today has sunken as your mother tells you of her surprise. Instead of your usual schedule, she is taking you to some luncheon with some other nobles. No doubt, it'll be a another frivolous affair with gossiping ladies from court resulting to you being bored out of your mind.

         "I don't understand why you force me to act in this manner, mother," You complained to her as she leads you. "You know very well that I am more fit for the battle field than a tea party."

        "I know what you must think this is, but it is not that," Your mother smiles at you. "Now, you must be at your best behavior. You know not of the lengths I took to set up this meeting. Be charming, my dearest girl. I know you have it in you."

         The pair of you walk to the gardens and she takes you to the part you have not explored before, the one excluded for the royals. Confusion clouds your mind at why she would take you here. Two guards stood at the entrance.

        "State your business," The guard on the left said.

         "I am Lady Abra," Your mother states. "this is my daughter, and we are to be in the company of the All Mother."

         "You may enter." The guard nods.

          As we made are we inside, I was in awe of the gardens. The aura of the setting felt ethereal. It's beauty exceeds words. A table was set up and their sat the All Mother and a man with raven black hair. His eyes were piercing and they stared into mine.

          The mans posture meant to show disinterest, but I could see the amusement in his eyes as I observed him.

          "Queen Freya," my mother said, catching my attention away. She curtsies low and I follow her actions. "Me and my daughter are honored to be in you and Prince Loki's presence."

          Prince Loki? Huh.

            "Oh, the Honor is all mine Lady Abra," the Queen smiles. "And your daughter's beauty surpassed my expectations. The ladies at court described her pretty but she is absolutely stunning."

        You blush at her words. You weren't used to such compliments. Coming from the All Mother no less. "Thank you very much, my Queen." You tell her politely.

         Prince Loki smirks. He takes your hands into his and kisses it. "I am Prince Loki," He says, his voice was as smooth as silk causing tingles down your spine. "I take such pleasure in our meeting."

        My mother smiles, almost creepily, at our interactions. The All Mother had a knowing look in her face. "Me and Lady Abra have some things to discuss. We will return in a bit." The Queen stated. Before I could interject, they had walked away. Leaving me alone with the Prince.

       "So," Prince Loki says from behind me. "What is your business being here, Lady Y/N."

       Turning around, you see him trying to intimidate you. You could tell he wants to make you squirm, but you don't give in. "In all honesty, my Prince," You say with a steady voice. "I haven't a clue. If I could be so bold to say that this is not what I had wanted to do with my day either."

        "Is that so?" He asks curiously. "And what would you rather be doing than be in the company of your Prince."

        "Training," You tell him. "Though my skills in combat are refined, their is always room for improvement."

        "You are a warrior?" He asks.

        "I wish to be," You say. "I have never actually been in battle. My parents have forbidden it."

         "And that irks you, I can tell."

          You nod, not knowing why you were so comfortable in confiding in him. You were usually very reserved when first meeting a person. "I have so much to offer but they don't see that. All they want me to do is to be married and settled to give them grandchildren to spoil. I have no want for that."

         He nods, understanding. "You surprise me, Lady Y/N," Prince Loki tells you honestly. "I did not see you as being a warrior."

         "And why is that?" You asked him, trying to not sound offended.

           "Your hands," He said, taking your left one and feeling it. "Are so soft. No callouses. How long have you been training?"

           "Since I was seven years old," You tell him, taking your hand away from his grasp. "Why do you think we are here, my Prince."

             His smirk returned to his face. "You will see in due time, my Lady."

              "What do you-"

                "We've returned!" Your mother said happily. "Y/N, my dear, we have to cut things short. Your father is in need of us."

                Before you could ask any more questions, your mother curtsies once more to say goodbye to the Queen.

                "I can't wait to see the two of you again!" The Queen says as your mother takes your hand and drags you away.

             As you leave, you faintly here Prince Loki say to his mother. "I like her. She might be the one."