-𝙏𝙤𝙣𝙮 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙠-

I Am Not Okay

          As soon as Rhodey told you what was happening, you drove as fast as you could

As soon as Rhodey told you what was happening, you drove as fast as you could. Jumping out your car, your hair was a mess, but you didn't care. People were running outside Tony's Malibu house and anyone else would be running with them because of all the god damn noise. It sounded like everything in the house was being destroyed, but you walked in confidently, knowing you could fix it.

Anger was what flashed your eyes as you saw the two of them fighting. Everything was a mess. Broken furniture and shattered glass all over the floor. You grabbed a big bottle of vodka and threw it at Tony's Ironman suit. This got there attention.

"WOULD YOU TWO STOP FUCKING FIGHTING!" You screamed.

The two men sprang apart. "Y/N-" Rhodey started but you held your hand up.

"I told you to wait for me," You said annoyed. "You couldn't wait fifteen minutes or were you just so excited to blow with whole damn house down?"

"You didn't see how he was being, Y/N. He was being so- just bad Tony. Bad bad Tony." Rhodey tried to argue.

"Now that the expert of dealing with bad bad Tony is here, you can leave," You told Rhodey with a sympathetic smile. He hesitated, not sure if it was safe to leave you alone with Tony in his condition. "I've got it."

Rhodey sighed. "If you say so." He took flight and was gone.

"He did not just take-" Tony said, beginning to fly.

"Tony." You said sternly. This caught his attention. He scoffed before going back to the ground.

"Look, whatever Rhodes told you was a lie. I'm fine!"

"Then come out of the suit." You told him, crossing your arms.

There was a moment of silence. Tony's mask lifted, and your heart broke at the sight of his face. His eyes were blood red with dark purple bags underneath from lack of sleep. The paleness of his skin made you worry.

"I can't do that," Tony said painfully. You stepped closer to him, but he backed away. "You shouldn't get to close, Y/N. I'm-" There was a pause in between his words. He gulped down and swallowed his pride. "I'm not in the right state of mind. I'm under a lot of influences and I don't want to hurt you."

Ignoring his warning, you stepped towards him and gave him a hug through his suit. This action took him by surprise, and even though he could actually feel you, he felt comfort in your presence.

"Through all the bullshit you pull on me, Stark, I'm practically invincible," You joked, looking up at him. A small smile cracked in his tired face. "When was the last time you slept?"

"What is sleep?" He laughed, but the seriousness of your face stopped him quickly. "I'm fine, Y/N."

"Look around you, Tony," You said, pointing at all of the mess. "You literally blew up your house. You were fighting your best friend, like actually battling it out, about kill him. To top it all off, your drunk, high, haven't slept since god knows when, and refuse to get out of your fucking Ironman suit. You are not okay."

A tear slipped down his face. "I am not okay.." Tony confessed. "I'm so fucking tired. I want to sleep, but when I do it just makes me even more tired. I'm falling apart and I don't know how to stop."

"First thing you need to do is get out of that suit," You instruct him. He shakes his head no, but you hold your ground. Anxiously, his suit opens and he comes out. You his hands in yours, but he pulls you in close and embraces you. You hear the shakiness of his breath and body. "Now breath, Tony. Inhale. Exhale."

You breath with him, feeling the rise and fall of his chest and he holds on to you for dear life. "That's it," You encourage him. "Just breathe and focus on the sound of my voice. You are going to be okay. Everything will be alright. I'm right here with you."

"You're right here," He whispered happily, not letting go. "You're right here."

You look up at his face and see the tears falling from his red eyes. You take one hand and wipe them away gently. "It's good to cry. Let it all out."

Tony sobbed into you. You rubbed circles on his back to soothe him. After crying, you took him to his bedroom and laid him down to sleep. You stayed by his side, smoothing his hair out which calmed him to slumber. Eventually, you fell asleep too. That was the first night in weeks that Tony slept in peace, without fear because you were there to protect him.