-𝘽𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝘽𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙨-

Let Me Go

         It's been years since you've seen him, but you can still remember the last time you did

         It's been years since you've seen him, but you can still remember the last time you did. It was the last time you were truly happy. He promised he'd come back home to you, but after he was supposedly dead, you gave up hope.

           After Steve went to the ice, S.H.I.E.L.D made you to fill in. They made your serum stronger, which gave you a long lifespan. You're almost a eighty years old but still look twenty one.

          As soon as Steve told you that Bucky was still alive, you didn't believe him. But now, you stare at the monitor in front of you. He was locked up in a glass box.

          "Why do you have him in that fucking glass box?" You ask angrily. "Get him out of there, Steve."

           Steve frowned sadly. "He's not the same old Bucky, y/n."

           "What do you mean?"

          "He can be triggered into... the Winter Soldier." He tells you.

           You knew of the Winter Soldier. Heard stories of him. The thought of Bucky being him baffled you.

          "He couldn't be," you said, tears falling down your cheek. "Are we talking about the same Bucky here? The one who moved in with you after your mother died. The one who fended off your bullies."

          Steve wiped your tears and held your hands in his. "That Bucky is still in there, y/n. But not all the way. He's can be dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt."

          "Please, let me see him," you pleaded. "Please let me go and talk to him."

            "I don't know if that's the best thing-"

           "Steve, please!" You begged him.

           He takes a moment to think. Eventually, he sighed in defeat. "I'll try and get you ten minutes with him. I don't know if I can get you anymore."

:::***:::

           You followed Steve as he led you to where Bucky was held. When you saw the door, you started taking fast strides. You burst through the doors, and there he was.

            A smile made your face when you saw him. Tears fell from your eyes. The love of your life, who you thought died, was alive.

          "Bucky," You cried.

            He stared at you, not saying a word. He felt so many emotions when he saw you. You seemed so familiar to him. Your name was at the top of his tongue, but he just couldn't remember.

            You saw the confusion in his face, and it felt like a million daggers to your heart. "It's me, Bucky," you said, putting your hand on the glass. "It's y/n."

            "Y/n," he said. That name sounds so familiar to him. It feels important.

           "Yes, Bucky. Y/n. Do you remember me?"

          "You seem so familiar," He said. "When I look at you, I feel so many emotions. I feel really happy, but I feel so guilty."

            "I was your fiancé, Bucky," you tell him, a sad smile on your face. "You were supposed to come back home to me, Sergeant."

           "Y/n," he mumbled again. All of the sudden, so many memories rushed back to him. A tear slipped his eye. "Y/n."

           He looked at you in the eyes and frowned. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for leaving you all alone, doll. I'm so so sorry-"

           You shook your head. "It's okay, Bucky. Your here now and you remember me."

           "How are you still alive,"

            "I'm like you and Steve. I've been enhanced. My serum came with a long lifespan." You tell him.

            "I'm not the same, y/n. I'm a killer. A murderer." He confessed.

           "That wasn't you Bucky. It wasn't the real you."

            "But I still did it. You have to let me go. I'm not good for you." He said sadly.

           As you were about to respond, a few guards came and told you your time was up. You tried to resist but Steve came in a grabbed you.

           "Let me go!" You said. "Bucky!"

          "It's okay, y/n," Bucky exclaimed. "I love you!"

            "I love you!" You said as you smacked Steve's back.