-21

-

-

"jimin where are you going? you have to stay here!" jin looked at the younger as he watched hobi panick out the corner of his eye.

"oh shit." jimin rolled his eyes at himself. "minji-ah,"

"hyung i can stay if you want." jungkook shrugged. "i can see my other niece another time."

"no kookie," jimin looks at the younger. "go, i have to speak to hyuk-nim anyways."

"ah, i forgot about that." jungkook nodded, giving the shorter male a pat on the back then running out the hallway door along with the other five boys.

"aish, i hope minjis doesn't get up while i'm down here." jimin walks out the other side. it takes him a while to get to the main building part of bighit because it was so big of course. he also didn't know exactly where hyuk was, but knowing the eldest man, he was in his office or the kitchen.

"ah jimin hyung, hi." jimin got startled by the voice; turning around to see one of the youngest in their junior group.

"oh, taehyun, hi." his eyebrows come to eachother, both confused.

"hello." the boy smiles but jimin could see clear panic hidden in his face. "i was walking past your door, when i was on you guys floor a second ago and i think i heard your daughter." he stops, his lips twisted. "minji, right? she was crying hyung."

jimins eyes grow wide as his feet began to carry him before his mouth could create words to speak. his once deep, slow breathing was now coming to be fast shallow rasping breaths. his face was red, blank and screwed up at the thought of minji crying.

what kind of father was he?

how could he leave a three year old alone in a big apartment by themselves?

he knew this was his first mistake; but maybe if he had been a father from the beginning he would have known it was dumb. he knew that he should have stayed by the infants side until she got up. the trust minji was building up with jimin could not be broken.

he would absolutely hate that, and himself.

when he finally hopped into the elevator he pressed the button quickly to the floor he had to go to, his leg bouncing up and down in anxiousness and a loud sigh of relief when he stopped onto his floor.

when he eventually got around to walking to his door he heard her. it was literally pain to his ears. the younger dark haired girl crying was a mix of whines and winces, she sounded really hurt.

"minji?" jimin closes the door behind him following the voice of the girl. "princess?"

the crying kind stops, all he could hear is whines and hiccups. "d-daddy?"

they both meet in the hallway, minji walking out of many of his rooms and jimin just now walking towards that way. as soon as he seen the girl his heart hurt. he got to his knees immediately and scooped her up, letting out a ramble of, "sorrys."

she had a red face, her big doe eyes with nothing but sadness in it. "i'm so sorry princess." jimin frowned, the color was still drained out of his face but minji looked the exact same.

"i thw-thought y-you le-left again." minji stuttered out. it seemed as if her stuttering had gotten worse just from crying.

"you thought i what?" jimin picked the girl up, going to place her on the counter so he could get the younger some water.

"i-i thought d-daddy left-left again."

he took the bottle of water, unscrewed the top and put it to the girls lips on a sigh.

he noticed she said again and jimin knew she was a smart kid. minji understood that he was the one who left when she was younger and by the way she was crying and shaking now at what she thought, jimin could tell she was afraid that it would happen again.

minji let go of the bottle with a small pop, pushing the water bottle away in her daddy's hands. she took her small fist to her face and wiped the tears away; not wanting to look like a cry baby in front of him.

"baby, look at me."

jimin placed his hands on the side of minjis, taking them in his and looking her directly into her eyes. "i'm never leaving again."

"n-never?"

jimin shakes his head. "never. i love you and your mommy too much to even think about leaving you two." the blonde haired man sighed. "i shouldn't have left when you were younger, okay?"

minji nods. "so d-daddy stay with me forever?"

"yes, daddy will stay with princess forever." he smiles. "until she's old."

minji lets out an adorable giggle, her small teeth making an bright appearance. "p-pinky promise that you'll stay-stay forever daddy."

"huh?"

"like y-your song, d-daddy." minji cocks her head at the older. she takes her small pinkies and jimin watches as she intertwines them together. "intertwine o-our pinkies and promi-promise me n-now,"

she stops. "m-mommy taught m-me t-that." she unhooks her fingers and offers her pinky to jimin. "s-so we have t-to do it."

jimin smiles at her, y/n sure had raised a smart daughter so far; and he couldn't wait to be there to do the rest.

"i promise baby." he entwines their pinkies and kisses minji on the forehead. "i promise i'll never leave you."