-62

-

-

yuri was growing impatient — from waiting on jimin to give her any type of text or call to let her know if he was coming back and to the doctors saying anything about you yet. it had been almost about two hours now, and absolutely no news.

"did she fall?" yuris attention snaps to jihoon, who had still been sitting there, his elbows on his knees and his back slouched over.

"yeah." yuri nods. "jimin said she fell on her stomach."

"ouch." the boy physically winced as if he had been hurt. "i hope everything's oka-"

jihoon was cut off by the double doors opening, a doctor coming in with his mask pulled up over his face and his glasses sitting directly on them.

"afternoon." he gives yuri and jihoon a head nod. "are you guys y/n's family?"

yuri twists her lips but nods anyways. she thought if she said no then they would give them both no attention, or importantly information on you.

"are you sure?" the doctors head tilts, not being sure if he should believe them or not. he looks down at yuris pale skin and back at the clipboard in his hand.

"i'm very sure. i'm her sister." yuri stands and jihoon follows after her.

the doctor nods even though he had a hard time believing the shorter girl. "you must be the father."

"no it's jim-"

"yeah." jihoon cuts yuri off and that makes the girl head snap to him, giving him a disgusted look. "i am."

"okay great." the doctor pulls down his mask, showing a neutral face. "that way i can tell you all the news we have — follow me."

when yuri and jihoon followed the doctor through the double doors the black haired girl nudged the younger boy, turning to him with her eyebrows raised. "what the hell was that?"

jihoons skin bunched around his eyes, "i had to!"

"you really didn't."

"he wouldn't have told us everything if i hadn't said i was the dad." jihoon frowned. he was just trying to help and at this point he just wanted to know if you were okay, and by any means possible he would do that.

"okay." the doctors stills and yuri almost runs into his back but she catches herself, walking backwards and looking up at the room they were in.

"this is the waiting room for the high-risk pregnancies." the doctor shows the bit of chairs sat against the wall.

"high-risk?"

"yes." the doctor nods sadly. "we have some news on the miss y/n of yours." he looks at jihoon.

"what happened? is she okay? are the babies okay?" yuri looked the most concerned, and she had put her hand in her pocket grabbing her phone to be ready to pull it out to call jimin no matter the news.

"miss y/n is still unconscious at the moment."

the sigh that falls from jihoons lip is loud and the expression on yuris face had saddened. the girl wasn't the best at showing emotion but when it came to her bestfriend she was remarkable at it. "how? what happened?"

"well you see—" the doctors puts the clipboard between his arm and his armpit wanting to explain it better with the sight of his hands. "— y/n has put a lot of stress on herself. and i mean a lot, the last time she was here doctor lee had expressed to her that stress was causing the babies more pain and it just seemed as if she didn't listen."

yuri forhead creased as if she was about to cry but she let the doctor finish.

"so regrettably that led to her to have severe bleeding, fainting, cramps, discharge and she also had a very high fever." the doctor stop and looks as if he didn't want to say the next sentence.

"will she be okay?"

"we're sure she'll be fine once she wakes up." the doctor reassured the both of them.

"and the babies?" jihoon said with a gloomy sigh.

"ah." the doctor took in a sharp breath. "unfortunately one of the babies have died, in the process of y/n falling on her stomach."

"w-what?" yuri stutters, standing still. her mouth was hung open and she hated that she'd have to be the one to tell jimin the news.

"yes." the doctor looks uneasy. "a pregnant woman's body is designed to keep their developing baby safe, so that's why the walls of a woman's uterus is thick. having strong muscles that help keep the baby safe. but when she fell....she fell directly on one of them."

"so no more twins?" jihoon finally talks.

"twins?" the doctor eyes frown and he goes to pull the clipboard out, skimming through and failing to hide realization on his face. "ah."

"what?"

"miss y/n was having triplets."

the tears that was about to fall from yuris eyes seemed as if they had gotten sucked up due to her mouth dropping in surprisement. "triplets?"

"yes triplets." the doctor flips some papers. "it seems here that doctor lee didn't see the third baby as if she was hiding."

"it was a girl?"

the doctor gives yuri a comforting smile. "she was."

"how is that possible?"

"it happens more than you think." the doctor shows them the clipboard. "that's why y/ns stomach was stretching so wide because she had a baby girl in there hiding behind her brothers."

"shit." jihoon mumbles.

"now all we have to do is wait for y/n to become conscious and see if the boys are ready to come out." the doctor rubs his hands on his sides.

"they're gonna be heartbroken." yuri sighs. "can we see y/n?"

"uh," the doctor thinks for a second then he says, "sure."

yuri gave the man a wide-toothed smile. "okay thanks. i'm just gonna go grab our other family and tell them the news."

yuri walked away before jihoon or the doctor could say something, pulling her phone out and pressing on jimins contact name.

-
i was supposed to update yesterday but the service where i was at (still am) was terrible, so for a apology i'm double updating ! <3